Fig Jam - as requested

In checking through my notes - I thought this may help you -

NOTE: Jams and jellies made with Splenda® granular must use a low-methoxyl pectin with calcium added (such as Ball Fruit Jell® No Sugar Needed Pectin, Sure-Jell for Lower Sugar Recipes Fruit Pectin, Mrs. Wages Light Home Jell® or Pomona?s Universal Pectin). Regular pectin and even some no-sugar needed pectin will not gel with Splenda® granular. Read pectin manufacturer?s instructions before making jam.

ALSO: Granular Splenda® does not provide preservative properties like sugar. There has not been any published research work with using sucralose in the canning of fruits at home. If one uses Splenda® instead of sugar, our best assumption at this time is that the texture and color preserving aspects of sugar syrup won’t be there. The expectation is that the result would be like canning in water except for the additional sweetness contributed by the Splenda®. The USDA fruit canning directions do allow for water canning, as there is adequate preservation for safety from the heat and not sugar. There should be no reason why Splenda® cannot be used in these heat-processed products, as it is heat stable, but some people do notice an aftertaste in other products, so it’s possible it might change in flavor a little over storage time.
In other cases, where sugar is important, like some preserves or pickled fruits, it is not recommended that substitution of Splenda® be used for sugar if the product is to be canned for shelf stability. Splenda® cannot be used in traditional Southern preserves, like fig, peach or pear preserves, which are whole or uniform pieces of fruit in a very thick sugar syrup. (These preserves are not jam or pectin gel products.) Sugar is required for the preservation of these products as published, with very short boiling water canner processes. Without that sugar, they also become like fruit canned in water and the longer fruit canning process times would be needed.
You could use Splenda® as the optional sweetener in a jam or jelly made with a no-sugar needed pectin, such as Mrs. Wages? Lite Home Jell® Fruit Pectin or Ball® No-Sugar Needed Pectin. With these low-methoxyl pectins, no sugar is required at all. Sugar substitutes can be added as desired simply for flavor. The package inserts with these pectins give instructions on when to add the sugar substitutes (usually after all the cooking, right before filling the jars). We have not yet tried Splenda® with these pectins with an extensive variety of fruits, however.

Fig Jam
without added pectin
2 quarts chopped fresh figs (about 5 pounds)
¾ cup water
6 cups sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
Yield: About 10 half-pint jars

To Prepare Chopped Figs - Pour boiling water over figs; let stand 10 minutes. Drain, stem and chop figs.
To Make Jam - Sterilize canning jars . Measure and add ¾ cup water and sugar to figs. Slowly bring to boiling, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly until thick. Stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute longer. Pour hot jam into hot jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars with a dampeneded clean paper towel; adjust two-piece metal canning lids. Process in a Boiling Water Canner.

Fig Jam
with liquid pectin
4 cups crushed figs (about 3 pounds figs)
½ cup lemon juice
7½ cups sugar
1 pouch liquid pectin
Yield: About 9 half-pint jars
Procedure: Sterilize canning jars and prepare two-piece canning lids according to manufacturer’s directions.
To prepare fruit. Sort and wash fully ripe figs; remove stem ends. Crush or grind fruit.
To make jam. Place crushed figs into a kettle. Add sugar and stir well. Place on high heat and, stirring constantly, bring quickly to a full boil with bubbles over the entire surface. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in pectin. Skim.
Fill hot jam immediately into hot, sterile jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars with a dampened clean paper towel; adjust two-piece metal canning lids. Process in a Boiling Water Canner.

FIG PRESERVES

3 quarts figs
3 quarts boiling water
4 cups sugar
1½ quarts water
2 lemons, thinly sliced (optional)

Pour boiling water over figs. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain. Rinse figs in cold water. Prepare syrup by mixing sugar, 1½ quarts water and lemon. Boil rapidly 10 minutes. Skim syrup; remove and discard lemon slices. Drop figs into syrup a few at a time. Cook rapidly until figs are transparent. Remove figs and place in shallow pan. Boil syrup until thick, pour over figs and let stand 6 to 8 hours. Reheat figs and syrup to boiling. Pour hot preserves into hot, sterile jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids. Process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath. Yield: About 10 half-pint jars.

I hope this helps!

I found this - *** New low sugar option! “I’ve made your Fig Preserves recipe with “Splenda for Baking” (which is one half sugar and one half Splenda) instead of sugar and since I don’t like the sweetness to overpower the figs I used only 2 cups of “Splenda for Baking” for every 8 cups figs. The result was spectacular! Delicious! - Fig Lover”