Filled Croissant Almond

I had the best dessert ever the other day. I was a croissant filled with an almond cream and then dusted with powdered sugar.

Would any one possibly have a recipe for an Almond cream filling ?

Thank you, Twowild :slight_smile:

This makes the lightest most delicious almond cream. The recipe I use for almond pastry cream that I use to make the famed Paris-Brest dessert is as follows:

1/3 cup superfine sugar
1/3 cup water
1 cup toasted sliced almonds

Grease a sheet of parchment and lay it flat on the work surface.
Put the sugar in a small saucepan with the water and heat gently until dissolved.
Bring to a boil and cook until deep golden, and then quickly pour in the almonds, stir and pour out onto the parchment. Spread it out a little and allow it to cool. When it is cool and hardened grind to a fine powder.

6 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp all purpose flour
2 1/4 cups whole milk
1 vanilla bean, split
1 tbsp butter

Whisk the egg yolks and 1/2 of the sugar together until they become pale and creamy.
Sift in the corn starch and flour and mix well.
Put the milk, remaining sugar and the vanilla bean in a saucepan. Bring just to a boil and slowly strain over the egg yolk mixture, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
Pour back into a clean saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. It will be lumpy, but will become smooth as you continue stirring.
Boil for 2 minutes, and then stir in the butter off the heat. Allow the mixture to cool completely. (Can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in a clean bowl covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. Place the plastic directly on the cream to prevent a skin forming.

1 cup heavy cream, chilled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar

Whip the pastry cream until smooth. Stir in the ground praline powder. Place the heavy cream in a bowl with the vanilla and beat on high until soft peaks form. Add the confectioner’s sugar and beat a little more. Gently fold the pastry cream into the whipped cream.

Thank you so very much for the recipe and time, sure sounds delicious !!!

Twowild :slight_smile:

Thank you also Kitchen Witch, I really don’t know if it was made with cream cxheese, but they were so heavenly !!!

Twowild :slight_smile:

You are very welcome. Let us know if you make it and how you like it if you do.

will do…thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Kitch Witch…you have any suggestions for more use of the filling ? :slight_smile:

I know your question was directed to KW, but I have used the filling for cream puffs, eclairs and, of course, for Paris-Brest.

Kitchen witch and lvdkeyes thank ya’ll for the great recipes. :slight_smile:

Always glad to help when I can.