FINGER-LICKING CURRIED CHICKEN
Take the skin off chicken to lower the amount of saturated fat.
1 1/2 tsps curry powder
1 tsp thyme, crushed
1 stalk scallion, chopped
1 Tbsp hot pepper, chopped
1 tsp black pepper, ground
8 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp ginger, grated
3/4 tsp salt
8 pieces chicken, skinless (breast, drumstick)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
1 medium white potato, diced
1 large onion, chopped
- Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper,
black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken and saut?.
- Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add onions and cook 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.
Makes 6 servings–Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 363 mg