Flame Tree Barbecue and Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Coleslaw
From Animal Kingdom – Disney we have Flame Tree Barbecue Sauce – and from Big Thunder Ranch – we have their signature Ranch BBQ Coleslaw for you to enjoy.
Flame Tree Barbecue Sauce
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons molasses
• 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons onion powder
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the ketchup, rice wine vinegar, water, brown sugar, molasses, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin, garlic powder, and ground cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, reduce the heat to low, and cook at a low simmer, stirring frequently, for 35 minutes, or until thickened.
- Use immediately or store, covered and chilled, for up to 2 weeks.
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ Coleslaw
• 1/2 cup white-wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 pound shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 large cabbage)
• 1 pound shredded purple cabbage (about 1/2 large cabbage)
• 2 carrots, shredded
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne in a blender; blend on low speed until sugar is dissolved.
- With blender running, slowly pour oil through top of lid, processing until dressing is combined.
- Set aside.
- Combine shredded cabbage and shredded carrots in a separate large bowl.
- Add dressing, tossing to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, tossing occasionally, before serving