food finder

Ok, everyone is really going to think I flipped my wig. I am in Chicago IL, and we use to have a store called Home Economist which is now closed. Basically it was a store that sold every type of fresh herb, or soup mixtures, flour, sugar ect by the bin or I call it bulk. You saved money since there were not packaging costs attached. I am really lost without it. Right now I am trying to find a store somewhere that I might be able to order. I am actually looking for 3lb of bread crumbs I know sounds a lot but I love cooking with them. As it was I was forced to by Knorr vegatable soup at almost triple the cost of what home economist had it. Anyone out there know of any other stores to buy ingredients by the bin or bulk. :???:

You might try these places:

Meijer: Bulk Foods
Ste 1, 225 North Weber Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60490-1506, United States
(630) 351-7608

Meijer: Bulk Foods
Unit 1, 13521 S Route 59, Plainfield, IL 60544-3801, United States
(630) 783-5308

You also might look for the nearest Whole Foods Market to you. I know they are in many places in the Chicago metropolitan area. Whole Foods has a good supply (a whole aisle) of bulk items in their stores. Google “Whole Foods Market” and then go to the store locater section and put in your zip code.

Thank you everone for all your wonderful suggestions, they were a great help. However something wonderful just happened even thougth the store I use to shop at is closed. There are two other locations that changed their name to Bulk Fresh Panty, one in Elk Grove Village the other in Westmont. There is a location in Barrington I think still under Home Economist. Just wanted to let you know if you want to pass this along.

:-D:-D:-D