French Potato Salad
4 quarts potatoes (rounded over the top)
Vegetable stock (mix ½ cup of water and ½ tbsp vegetable bouillon)
1 Tbs. salt
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 Tbs. black pepper
1 cup & 2 Tbs. of olive oil
1 bunch scallions
1 bunch parsley (finely hand chopped)
- Wash potatoes.
- Drop in boiling water until just barely cooked.
(This means no resistance to a fork or knife. But does not mean falling apart or still hard.)
- When the potatoes are cool enough to touch, slice them into ¼ to ½ rounds.
- IMPORTANT: STOCK MUST BE POURED OVER POTATOES WHILE THEY ARE STILL HOT.
- Put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over the stock and stir gently, so that you don?t break them.
- In another bowl, mix the salt, pepper, mustard & vinegar.
- Pour this mixture over the potatoes and again stir gently.
- Let them rest 10 minutes. Then immediately do the following step.
- Gradually stir in the olive oil.
- Add the scallions and parsley.
- Mix well and taste for seasoning.