Fried Bread Needed

Watching the movie Julia and Julie. Julie was frying bread in a skillet then topped it with diced tomatos. What is the recipe? Where can I find a written copy?

this is from an artical about it -

FRIED BREAD RECIPE
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Time to table: 10 minutes

Olive oil or for extra decadence, butter
Firm, hearty bread, sliced 1/4” – 1/3” thick

Heat the oil til shimmery on medium high in a skillet. Rub both sides of each slice in the oil. Fry each side for a couple of minutes until crispy and golden brown. Serve hot.

Nibble on a slice, closing your eyes to give thanks that you’re one of the lucky people enlightened to the primal pleasure of fried bread.

Top as you wish.

Reminds me of Bruschetta and grilled cheese sandwiches. I’m definitely going to have to try the fried method.

Bruschetta

2 medium tomatoes – chopped
6 fresh basil leaves – ripped up (6 to 7)
2 cloves garlic – (1 halved, 1 chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt to taste
8 slices Italian bread – sliced about 1/2 inch thick

Preheat your broiler, grill or toaster oven. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, chopped garlic, basil, olive oil, vinegar and salt. Toss gently to evenly coat the mixture with oil.

Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet or rack and allow to broil or grill, flipping them over once, until each side is lightly toasted. (This should take about 2 minutes!)

Remove the toast from heat and rub one side of each piece with the halved garlic.

Top each slice of bread with the tomato mixture. Serve alone or with a wonderful slice of salty Italian cheese, like parmeggiano reggiano or ricotta salata.