Fried Lasagna

Yesterday at the local Olive Garden I had a new appetizer named: “Lasagna Frita” (fried lasagna). It was delicious. I have found some recipes similar to it but not theirs. Does anybody out there have the recipe for this? I would greatly appreciate it. Mr. Bob

I work there and I dissected a piece and made an attempt to make it today :slight_smile: It turned out really good, so I wrote down what I did. Here you go… hope it tastes good to you as well!

Lasagna Frita
Makes 14 servings

2/3 c milk
1 c parmesan cheese
6 oz Feta cheese
¼ tsp white pepper
1 TBSP butter
7 lasagna noodles
1 oz marinara sauce
1 oz Alfredo sauce

Boil and stir together butter, white pepper, milk, parmesan, and feta cheese.
Boil Lasagna noodles as directed.
When the noodles are finished, spread a thin layer of cheese & milk mix along noodle and fold into 2 inch pieces. Let set in the freezer for 1 hour, placing something heavy on top to keep it together.

When you take them out of the freezer, cut the pieces in half long-ways.
Fry at 350 degrees for 4 minutes

Spread alfredo on the bottom of the serving plate, placing each piece in the sauce. Drizzle marinara sauce on top.

So sorry! I forgot to add something…

Before you fry them, mix 1/4 c milk and 1 egg together and get a bowl ready with italian bread crumbs.

then dip each piece in the milk/egg then the bread crumbs. NOW you can fry them.

Good luck!

I am confused by this. Do you mean to fold in half?

Thanks. :smiley: I will try it this weekend.

I’d like to know what you did regarding the “folding into 2 inch pieces.” Am I the only one confused by this?

Maybe the photo on Olive Gardeen’s Website will help you understand.

Sorry. The photo may help. Fold the noodle edge over about 2 inches then keep folding it over until the other edge is folded up to the end. here is a picture. lasanga+fritta.jpg (image)

Thank you. It is clear now. I always make my own lasagna noodles.

I make my own pasta also. Won’t make Thick pasta cause family doesn’t like tasting that much pasta than the filling in recipes like this one…Just when I make Stuffed Ravioli Rounds with crab n shrimp with stuffing mixture. They like to taste what is inside and not over powered by pasta…More stuffing than THICK PASTA. They hold well if you make them correctly - can fry or bake them serving with favorite HOMEMADE Mariana Sauce… they want pasta thick - it is with other dishes…

This reminds me of the first time I made ravioli many years ago for a dinner party. The filling was shrimp and crab and had a cream sauce. My problem was I didn’t get all the air out and, of course, they burst and I had a mess. I was not a happy camper since I had 9 guests seated and waiting for their first course. Then I remembered what Julia Child said once regarding a souffle. She said if it turns out beautifully, serve it at the table. If it falls, just serve it up in the kitchen and no one will be the wiser. So, I skimmed out the pasta and filling, distributed it evenly among the plates, topped it with the cream sauce, sprinkles it with Parmesan and parsley and served it without mentioning the mishap. All the plates were cleaned and everyone loved it. Later one of my guests said, “That first course was so delicious, what do you call it?” I laughed and told him what happened.

Yes, it was and I learned to get the air out of homemade ravioli before boiling them and to keep the boil slow.

At the time it seemed to be a catastrophe - only to turn out to be a big hit - many worse things have happened in kitchens! till today - some of my ravioli may split or open once in a while - heck - still tastes the same and just as good to me.

This is a great recipe!
I found a short cut method! I love short cuts!:stuck_out_tongue:
Use the large frozen raviolis! Bread them and fry them the same way as above just saves a lot of time and mess.