friend of mine showed me this - Bacon wrtapped onion rings

You slice red onions 1/4 inch think. Separate with 2 rings together until the inside of the ring in under 2.5 inches (very difficult to prepare once the inside gets too small). usually get 3 rings from each slice.

use thin sliced bacon (I use center cut cause it seems to cook better). you wrap the bacon around the onion rings over lapping each wrap at 30%. normally takes 2 full slices per ring. you place each ring on a rack with a cookie sheet to collect the grease drippings. once you fill the rack with the rings sprinkle the rings with course ground black pepper (or grind your own pepper corns. place in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes(depends on oven and bacon for cooking time). when looking almost crisp, about 3 minutes on broil to crisp up the bacon somemore. remove from oven. turn the rings over, sprinkle some more course black pepper and put back in the oven and cook for an additional 15 to 25 minutes on 350 (again depends on the bacon and the oven for cooking time) then broil for another 2-3 minutes.

I use a chipotle ranch mix (marie callenders ranch and a local chipotle sauce mix 1 to 1) as adipping sauce.

My buddy uses a BBQ smoker to cook them. don’t have one so figured out how to cook in an oven after a couple trys.

](http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/recentlydivorced0817/media/baconandonion_zpsd58d5a7c.jpg.html)[/IMG]