'garbage Plates"

Yesterday was Garbage Plate Day (yes, there is such a dish from a local restaurant that is very popular which they sell every day and have long lines waiting to get one!)

Although in the restaurant you can choose 2 hotdogs, or 2 hamburgers, or 2 cheeseburgers, or 1 of one kind and 1 of another - we had hamburgers.

Included in the Garbage Plate Special are fries, macaroni salad, potato salad and cole slaw.

Burgers were grilled and seasoned with garlic, seasoned salt, pepper and parsley. Served on toasted rolls with any toppings (I prefer lots of fresh onion, dill pickles, ketchup and mustard).

Homemade steak fries.

Macaroni salad: Shell macaroni, hard-cooked eggs, tuna, chipped carrot, celery, onion, sweet pickle, mayo and mustard.

Potato salad: Potatoes, celery, chipped carrot, sweet pickle, mayo and mustard.

Coleslaw: Purple cabbage, white cabbage, carrot, sugar, vinegar, mayo, salt and pepper.

The day before I made the salads and cole slaw for 2 days. On that day we had breaded and baked chicken with the salads and cole slaw.

This sounds like something we used to get at a place in Rochester, NY when we lived up:cool: there. My husband and sons miss “garbage plates” alot. We have tried to make our own when we can get our hands on some “hot sauce”