German cucumbers

Anybody ever heard of German cucumbers. NOT pickles. They are sliced and salted and sprinkled with dill, I think. I believe I once had them at an October Fest.

GERMAN CUCUMBER SALAD

1 lg. European cucumber, seedless
3 tbsp. oil
5 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1 onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle of dill
Sprinkle of parsley

Slice cucumber in thin slices, add all above ingredients. Chill for several hours before serving.

GERMAN CUCUMBER SALAD

2 cucumbers, sliced thinly
1/4 c. oil
1/2 to 3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dill
1/4 c. vinegar

Combine all ingredients; place in air-tight container; stir frequently. Let marinate several hours before serving.

GERMAN MILICK SALAD

1 lg. cucumber, peeled & quartered lengthwise (slice crosswise, not too thick)
1 bunch of green onion tops (may add bottoms, if desired)
1 pt. sour cream
Buttermilk as needed
Pepper

Place cucumber slices in heavily salted cold water for 1 hour. Drain and add to sour cream and green onion tops. Add buttermilk to desired consistency. Pepper to taste.

Thanks for the salad recipes. I was looking for something other than cucumber pickles or salads. The ones I remember were English cucs, cut into chunks, salted, dilled, and ??? - - - - Can’t remember what else.

That’s basically what the first recipe I posted is.

Thanks everyone. I am not making myself clear. All of your kind responses have been for salads using mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, oil, etc. These were not a salad, but merely sliced on a platter with salt, dill, and something else. Nothing wet.

GERMAN CUCUMBERS

1 lg. European cucumber, seedless
3 tbsp. oil
5 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1 onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle of dill
Sprinkle of parsley

Slice cucumber in thin slices, add all above ingredients. Chill for several hours before serving.