Golden Corral Recipes wanted

I am trying to find a recipe for their pot roast

I also would like to find a recipe for their “Honey spread” or where to buy it.

Thanks,

Stephanie:)

1 cup (12 ounce.) whipped or creamed honey softened if necessary
1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter, softened
In a medium bowl, mix together honey and butter.

Spoon into jars with tight-fitting lids.

Store in refrigerator.

Yield: 2 cups

another clone:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 1/2 pounds beef round – or chuck pot roast, up to 4 lbs
1 - 2 cans cream of mushroom soup – (10 3/4 oz.)
1 Pouch Campbell’s Dry Onion Soup and Recipe Mix 0r beefy onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water
6 medium potatoes – quartered
6 Carrots – cut into 2" pieces
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
In 6 quart saucepot, in hot oil, brown roast on all sides. Spoon off fat. Stir in mushroom soup, onion soup mix and 1 cup water. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 2 hours. Add vegetables. Cover; cook 45 minutes or until roast and vegetables are fork-tender. Remove roast and vegetables. Stir together flour and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into soup mixture. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.

I am sure you won’t be able to obtain any of their receipes , unless you would happen to PREVIOUSLY work there . Several of these chain restraunts make their employees sign stating they will not give out any receipes etc. related to the business .

Golden Corral Banana Pudding

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup cold water(or milk)
1 (4 oz) size package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups Cool Whip
box vanilla wafers
3 bananas, sliced

Mix sweetened condensed milk with water. Add pudding mix and beat well. Chill in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Fold in thawed Cool Whip. Spoon 1 cup of pudding in bottom of serving dish. Top with 1/3 of each of the bananas, wafers and pudding. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding. Top with vanilla wafers. Chill thoroughly and keep refrigerated.

Golden Corral’s Bourbon Street Chicken

This was told to me by the manager of our local GC (his daughter and my daughter are buddies). His recipe is for 10 lb. lots, we kind of shrank it by guess…

Chicken thigh meat, 1/2 lb. per person, skinned & deboned

Mix: 1 cup commercial teriyaki sauce with 1 tablespoon commercial Cajun spice.
Marinade chicken in half of the sauce 4 hours, grill.
Remove from grill, put in saucepan with the other half of the sauce, heat through.

Serve with white rice.

Golden Corral Whipped Honey Butter

1 cup (12 ounce.) whipped or creamed honey softened if necessary
1/2 lb. (2 sticks) butter, softened
In a medium bowl, mix together honey and butter.

Spoon into jars with tight-fitting lids.

Store in refrigerator.

Yield: 2 cups

The Pot Roast Veggies recipe is rather simple. The key is the cooking method.

Start with 1 inch thick cuts of meat. Lay them out on a large baking sheet. Season heavily with your preferred seasoning mix / a basic pot roast seasoning. Fill the bottom of the pan halfway with water.

Here’s the key - Slow roast it at low temperature for 12 hours. Low temp for them is about 200 degrees, give or take a little bit. They have an oven designed specifically for this that stacks many pans so they can do it in bulk.

The veggies portion of the dish is rather simple also, and is done separately. Combine your preferred vegetables. Sprinkle with basic vegetable seasoning, or your preferred seasoning. You have to steam them. Generally 15-20 minutes is sufficient. If you include carrots it might need slightly longer…or start with just the carrots, then after 5 or 10 minutes add in the rest to avoid the others turning to mush.

Once roast is done remove from oven. Let it cool briefly. CAUTION: It will be extremely hot. Meat should tear apart with minimal or no effort, by hand or using two utensils. If it does not you may need to adjust cook time. Pull apart to desired sized shreds.

Place pot roast in center of serving tray/pan surround with the vegetables. If there is liquid left in the pan (The way they steam them encourages that there is some left. They basically add half a cup to of water to the pan. I bet you don’t have the handy standing steamer they have though.) you steamed the vegetables in pour it over the pot roast. This will add some of the veggie flavor to the meat. Hold covered in a warm place (165 degrees is optimal) till ready to serve.

The Pulled Pork recipe is the same basically (minus the veggies). Add your favorite BBQ sauce for a great taste.

I am looking for the fried chicken recipe.

I don’t have their fried chicken recipe - but if anyone is interested in this one -

Golden Corral Bourbon Chicken

1 pound chicken leg or thigh meat, cut into bite-size chunks
4 ounces soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
2 tablespoons white wine

Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate (stirring often) for several hours (best overnight).

Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a single layer, basting every 10 minutes.

Remove chicken. Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a frying pan. Heat, and add white wine. Stir and add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes and serve.

Hi
My name is Sherry from Tn, and I was wondering if anyone has a copycat recipe for golden corral’s chili. It is so good.
thanks
:stuck_out_tongue:

hi does any one have a recipe for made rite hamburger from the maderite in muscatine ia? smokey j

Hi i was wondering if anyone had the Texas Roadhouse recipe for Portabella Mushroom Chicken? It is the greatest thing I have ever tasted. Thank You Linda

check this out -

http://www.www.recipesecrets.net/forums/recipe-exchange/16974-midwest-maidrite-sandwiches.html

check this out -

http://www.www.recipesecrets.net/forums/recipe-exchange/28240-texas-roadhouse-portobello-mushroom-chicken.html

I love Golden Corral. I have my birthday dinner there every year. I LOVE their pot roast. It is my favorite thing. And of course the marvelous rolls and honey butter are a close second. Thanks for both recipes.

You’re welcomed! Enjoy!

Hi, iam new to this blogging thing. i’m quiltermom. i am interested in the Golden Corral recipe for their Chocolate Chess pie. it is the best chess pie i have ever eaten!!!

this is a “clone” - I don’t know how close it is -

1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 unbaked 9" pastry shell

Melt butter with chocolate. In a mixing bowl, combine chocolate and butter mixture with sugar, flour, salt, milk, eggs, and vanilla; beat with electric mixer for 5 to 6 minutes. Pour filling into prepared pastry shell; bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes, until set.

and I have one more -
Chocolate Chess Pie

1 1/2 cups sugar
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup evaporated milk
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 partially 9-inch baked pie crust

Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
Combine sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt.
Blend in milk.
Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
Add butter and vanilla, beat until smooth.
Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
Bake in 325
oven for 55-60 minutes -

Cool the pie completely before topping with whipped cream.

Homemade Whipped Cream

2 C. heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine ingredients in mixer bowl and beat.
Chill bowl and beaters before whipping.

Thank you so much for these recipes. They sound delicious. I don’t have the Golden Coral or a Texas Roadhouse near where I live (Canada) but can’t wait to try a couple of these. Thanks again