• 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 8 Granny Smith apples …sliced…deseeded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees… Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to thicken. Add milk, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with granny apples. Cover with a crisscross of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Preheat oven 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft and crust brown…