Green Chicken

Hey yall!!! I used to date this hispanic woman - crazy as hell but her mom sure could cook- she never used any recipe but I watched her make this dish and it is amazing and I have made it at least twenty times.

chicken

4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
3 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
boil chicken in minced garlic and sliced onions until cooked -remove chicken and shred into a bowl set aside

sauce
6 tomatillos
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves (fresh)
2 jalepenos (seeds for spicy)
1 serrano pepper (seeds for spicy)

put above in a blender and puree and pour into a pot bring to boil then simmer watch the color change from green to greenish yellow then add chicken and cover for five minutes. Fill up tortillas or taco shells or nachos.

Enjoy!!!

Howzat Brother
Sorry to bother you with this question , I have no idea what Cilantro Leaves are and is there any thing ells I can use in its place ? Thanks

M117 engine

That recipe sounds good and I will try it. To the other post… cilantro leaves could be bought in the vegetable dept. in the grocery store by the parsley. You do not want to leave them out because I think they make the Mexican recipes taste so good. I used to make salsa and couldn’t understand why mine didn’t taste as good as others and I found out it was because of the cilantro leaves. They make the dish!!!

I have phoned up the local Fruit & Veg and they do not kow what Cilantro leaves are , I would like to try out this recipe some time so I am just asking if you could replace it , like say with Bay leaves ?

Brilliant_girl

Cilantro - pronounced [sih-LAHN-troh]
This member of the carrot family is also referred to as Chinese Parsley and Coriander. It is actually the leaves (and stems) of the Coriander plant. Cilantro has a very pungent odor and is widely used in Mexican, Caribbean and Asian cooking. The Cilantro leaves look a bit like flat Italian parsley and in fact are related.

VERY different flavors but flat leaf parsley is considered a substitute for cilantro.

Hope this helps.
Papa_D

Thank you Papa_D for helping me out there , now i can try it out on the weekend LOL

Coach purses

We moved from the US to the UK and I couldn’t find cilantro over there. I smelled around in the herb section and realized it was in the corriander family and just used that as a substitute and it worked fine. Can you get corriander?

Hi Papa-D

Thank heaven that we do get that here !
I realized that when I want to make something out of a cook book sometimes the ingredients are not available for us .

I have this nice Indonishian Cook book that my Uncle brought me from Holland with Some good recipe’s in them , I can get all the ingriedents here from codimax but it is realy expensive but usely my uncle brings the spices and stuff with from Holland so then at least I have the stuff I need and it is cheaper then what i would have paid here .

Weed vaporizer