Green Goddess Dressing...recipes please

Does anybody have a recipe for Green Goddess Dressing … without anchovies (sp) please

Green Goddess Dressing

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
3 anchovy fillets (optional)
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

To make the green goddess dressing: Simply puree the ingredients together in a blender, until light green and creamy. Cover and stick the dressing in the fridge to allow the flavors to come together.

All the cooks on Food Network say that the anhovys are optional.

Thanks for your recipe newsletterwp and welcome to Recipe Secrets.net! Great group of people here. …I did find one, from Food Network as a matter of fact :slight_smile: that uses avocados in the recipe which I’d like to try too. Maybe I’ll post it here.

I have used the one I posted several times and love it. Left out the anchovy though. You know if you look lately they have it out again on the grocery shelves. I live down here in the south and Winn Dixie has had it off and on lately. I stock up when I can.

I like to de-seed and chop up cucumber, onion and tomatoe. let it sit in a bowl in the frig awhile then pull it out and salt and pepper then dress with Green Goddess and that’s my TV movie snack. I’m diabetic so I have to watch the carb in take but that’s low so I eat all I want.

Newsletterwp :wink:

Green Goddess Dressing

2 med avocados, pitted and cubed
2 T lemon/lime juice
1 T ea roughly chopped basil and
tarragon leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
Fresly ground black pepper
and salt.

In food processor, combine avocado cubes, lemon or lime juice, basil, tarragon, and garlic. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil to make a thick, creamy dressing. If dressing becomes to thick, add milk a few T’s at a time, to reach desired consistency. Pour into a bowl, season, to taste, with salt and pepper and cover. Refrigerate until chilled.

To serve, poor dressing over iceberg wedges
(or any other salad concoction you like) :smiley: