Grilled Banana Bread with Maple Bacon Butter
Banana Bread Mixture
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
• 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 2 Eggs
• 4 tbsp. Sour Cream
• 1 1/2 cups Flour, all-purpose (white)
• 1 tsp. Baking Soda
• 1 tsp. Vanilla Bean paste (or vanilla extract)
• 2 cups (3-4) ripe Bananas, mashed
• 1 stick of salted butter cut into cubes
• ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
• 6 slices of very crispy cooked bacon
Grease and lightly sugar 9" x 5" loaf pan.
Beat together butter and sugar.
Add eggs. Mix well.
Add sour cream, flour, baking soda, vanilla, and bananas. Mix well.
Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
Cool on rack, and wrap in plastic wrap overnight in the fridge.
Makes 1 loaf, cut into 14 slices about 5/8" thick each.
For bacon butter, place all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Place chilled slices of banana bread onto lightly greased grill (if your grill tends to stick, lightly butter both sides of the bread) turning them over and taking them off when both sides are slightly toasted and charred.
Spread with bacon butter and enjoy!