Grilled Brussels Sprouts
• 12 small to medium Brussels Sprouts
• 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2-1 teaspoon celery salt
• 1 handful crumbled bacon (optional)
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
• 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated or shredded (optional)
- First, clean the sprouts. Trim the cut ends back without interfering with the leaves, and peel any withered leaves off the bulb. Score the bottoms; one cut will suffice.
- Then place the sprouts in boiling, salted water for no more than five minutes. NO MORE!
- Drain, drizzle with oil and toss in a bowl with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and celery salt.
- When the sprouts are nice and coated, place on a hot grill (but keep the bowl handy), turning every four minutes for a total of twelve minutes.
- Remove from the grill back to the seasoning bowl and toss to coat with any remaining seasoning.
- If desired, add any or all of the remaining three ingredients (bacon, lemon zest, parmesan cheese)