Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken pasta salad served on a bed of mixed greens, garlic bread, iced sun tea, and a fruit compote for dessert.

Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad

1 lb. shaped pasta (shells, farfelle or corkscrews), cooked
3 (8 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 jalapeno peppers (seeds and vein removed), minced finely
1 large red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped

Basting sauce for chicken:
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp. vinegar, white or red
1/4 cup water
2 TBsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

Combine and melt over low heat; do not scorch.

Chicken:
Cook chicken over medium-high coals or on a gas grill, using medium-high heat. Baste and turn frequently - every 2 minutes - for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly. (Can also precook in microwave for 10-15 minutes before placing on the grill).Cool the chicken, then cut in 1 inch julienne strips. Finally, toss cooked pasta, chicken strips, chopped onion and peppers. Add dressing and refrigerate overnight (or make early in the day).

Dressing
2 cups ranch dressing
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 tsp. cumin, ground
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I leave this out)
Mix thoroughly, wet ingredients first, then add dry ingredients

Pour over pasta salad and toss well. Refrigerate at least 8-12 hours to let flavors have time to mingle.

Makes 6 servings.

Ron: Thanks for all the recipes you have sent me. They are very delicious and easy to make.

I think I am going to cancel my subscription as I have loads of recipes to try still. I have tried many of the recipes you have sent. This recipe of Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad sounds great. I can’t wait to try it.

Thanks again and good luck on your new adventures.

Mrs. Joyce Gladwish

Sounds great!! If it ever stops raining in NH, I’ll get to use my grill!!!

This recipe sounds awesome Iam looking forward to making it this next week.We like spicy food so this should do just fine mabey add a little extra heat.Thanks velvet.