Halloween Spider Web Cake
2 buttered round cake pans (8-inch)
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 bag (13.30 oz.) SNICKERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bars, unwrapped
1 container (16 oz.) caramel frosting
1 tube orange decorative frosting
4 M&M?S® Brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies for Halloween
4 M&M?S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween
4 laces black licorice
2 M&M?S® MINIs® Chocolate Candies
- Prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Divide the batter between the two buttered round cake pans. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 35-38 minutes. Cool completely.
- Set one SNICKERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bar aside. Microwave the remaining SNICKERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bars for 1minute. Spread the resulting melted SNICKERS® spread on top of one cake layer, then place the second layer on top of the first.
- Microwave 1 cup of caramel frosting for 5 to 10 seconds, just to make it runny. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, allowing the extra to drip over the edges.
- Use the orange decorative frosting to create a web on top of the cake.
- To make the spiders: Place the saved SNICKERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bar randomly on the spider?s web. Attach 2 M&M?S® MINIs® Chocolate Candies on the edges, using the orange frosting. Then snip the licorice laces into 8 pieces. Place four pieces along each side of the
SNICKERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bar.
- To make the flies: Place 4 pairs of 1 piece M&M?S® Brand Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies for Halloween and 1 piece M&M?S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween randomly on the spider?s web. Cut the black licorice laces into 1 1/2 inch pieces and loop one on either
side of the M&M?S® pairs. These little bugs have been caught in the spider?s web! Makes one cake