red potatoes…cooked 'n mashed with butter no milk
egg noodles … cooked til tender, rinse, dot with butter 'n toss

with the pasta and potatoes on, prepare the: Hamburger Gravy

2 lbs. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 soup cans of milk
1 to 2 tsp. Seasoning Salt

In a lrg skillet, cook the beef til no longer pink, then, using a slotted spoon remove the meat to colander, add the onion to the grease and cook til tender, when done,
tilt the pan to separate grease from the onion, use white paper towel to absorb grease.

Return the beef to the pan with the onions, season to taste, add the soups and milk, simmer uncovered while you put together a salad about 10 mins.

One of our favorites…Cottage Cheese with Jello and fruit.

2 cups cottage cheese
1 small box of jello
1 cup Cool Whip
1 cup of fruit,

In a large bowl, combine: cottage cheese with the dry jello,
blend in the cool whip and fold in the fruit…
note: jello flavor and fruit of your choice, example, Orange Jello and Mandrin Oranges
store in fridge to chill…

note: For added color and interest, green beans look nice on the table…
just as does homemade bisquits and jelly…

Now with the beans heating up, all you have to do is mash the pototes and all should be ready within the hour…and the best part, depending on the size of your family, you’ve cooked enough beef mix for 2 or more meals as the beef gravy freezes nicely…

Note: for those who don’t like casseroles or his/her food touching each other,
I find it’s best to place each item in its own bowl allowing each to dish it up to their liking. enjoy…

This sounds like just the thing when you want an easy and quick dinner after a long hard day. Thanks for the post. Will have to try it soon as gravy is one of those comfort foods for my family.

Hope you 'n yours will enjoy as much as we do… let me know what your results bring…Cowgirl

I lived on this for years (when I was single) and absolutely love it to this day!!

This recipe is similar to a dish my son-in-law makes…he calls it “slop”. VERY GOOD!!!