1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1/2 large green pepper

Brown together and drain well. Add:

1 cans pork and beans
1 can tomatoes, diced
1 tsp each garlic powder, rosemary, thyme & oregano
or 1 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning

Cook until thickened. Serve with cornbread. Good for a crowd or a potluck supper.
Salt and pepper to taste

Poor Man’s Stroganoff

This is a quick, filling house-full-of-hungry-teens meal that my kids (in their 20’s) still say “Oh, yeah” when I suggest it.

1 1/2 c med grain rice
3 c water

Bring water and rice to boil in heavy-bottomed saucepan. As soon as it boils, stir quickly, reduce heat to low/simmer and cover. Do not stir, do not look for 20 minutes and it’s perfect.

1 lb ground beef
1 med onion chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream
2 T butter
salt & pepper to taste

Brown ground beef and onions, drain. Add to cooked rice with soup, sour cream, butter and seasonings.

It’s easy to increase. Basic rice is always 1 part rice to 2 parts water. Add a quick salad, or their favorite veggie on the side.

Easy Meatballs in Mushroom Gravy

2 lbs hamburger
5 Tbsp chopped onion
2 cups soft bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 eggs, beaten

Mix all ingredients and form into 1 inch meatballs. Roll in flour and brown in hot oil. Cover meatballs with one can cream of mushroom soup diluted with 1/2 cup of water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Hamburger Pie

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup shopped onion

1/2 tsp salt
Dash pepper
1 1 pound can (2cups)cut green beans, drained
1 10 3/4 oz can condensed tomato soup
5med. potatoes, cooked*
1/2 cup warm milk
1 beaten egg
2 ounces process American cheese,shredded (1/2cup)

In large skillet, cook meat and onion till meatis lightly browned and onion is tender. Add salt and pepper. Add drained beans and soup: pour into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Mash potatoes while hot: add milk and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon in mounds over casserole. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes4 to 6 servings.

*Or prepare 4 servings packaged instant mashed ptoatoes according to package directions except reserve the milk. Add egg and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add enought reserved milk so potatoes are stiff enough to hold shape. Can also use mashed potatoes from a box mix orfrom the refrigerated section.

Easy Taco Casserole

1 1/2 lbs ground beef, chuck, or round
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 package Taco seasoning
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
Grated Cheddar Cheese (as much as you like)
Crushed Doritoes (I prefer Ranch flavor)

Brown ground beef and drain. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Rotel tomatoes, Taco seasoning, and Mushroom Soup.

Place half of the crushed Doritoes in the bottom of casserole dish, pour ground beef mixture on top of Doritoes, spread grated cheese on top of beef, and top with remaining Doritoes.

Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly.

If you prefer the Doritoes to be crunchy, heat beef mixture topped with cheese until bubbly. Add crushed Doritoes to bowl or plate and cover with casserole.

My husband likes to eat dill pickle spears with this casserole.