1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 1/2 cups flour
Fillings of your choice : fruit preserves, chocolate, nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla, beat until smooth and creamy. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder (honestly this makes all the difference in the dough). Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixer, and blend together. This dough is a little sticky, you may need to add a bit more flour. Knead dough for about a minute before rolling out.

Roll out on a floured surface the thickness of the cookies should be about 1/4 of an inch, and using a round cookie cutter cut out circles. Place circles onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can fit about 12-15 cookies on each sheet. Fill with the filling of your choice. Fold into triangles, pinch together each one third of the circle. Brush the unbaked hamentashen with an egg wash which can be made using 1 egg and a tablespoon of water, beaten with a fork to combine.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until the cookies just begin to turn golden brown.

Yield: 4 1/2 dozen

I am confused. How do you make triangles out of circles?

Pinch together each one third of the circle. I am positive you have done this, but less experienced cooks might not have a clue.

AH! Seeing the picture makes it clear. Thanks.

So you must be back from the store. I wish we all had the entitlement to post a picture! I had one I could have shared.

Under general setting I see this:

Enhanced Attachment Uploading:

o Enhanced Attachment Uploading on
Enhanced Attachment Uploading off

The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.

When I did the drag and drop I got the link to the picture which does work, but it appears that you have a special entitlement as moderator that allows you to drag and drop the jpg. If I try to copy and paste the picture, the Paste function in the menu is grayed out.

http://wm9zf27f67bdwwhm.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/eggwash.jpg

I think I see what you mean now, there is an Additional Options box right under the Submit New Thread button. I do not have that option.

Additional Options

Miscellaneous Options:

x Show your signature

If enabled, your signature will be displayed below the message.

x Automatically parse links in text

Will turn [Example Domain](http://www.example.com) into [Example Domain](http://www.example.com).

x Automatically retrieve titles from external links

Disable smilies in text

If selected, :) will not be replaced with smile

Subscription

Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes: Instantly, using email

No that is not showing for me. I will send you a screen shot, and perhaps you can send me yours. If you don’t have a screen shot app I can send you one.

Very easy a simple install, and then press the PrtSc key on the top row of the keyboard above the + and - keys. This will capture the entire desktop. If you want to print only the part that is in focus which what I normally do hold down the Alt key and then press PrtSc. Then the capture screen gives you the option of Printing it to your printer with the Print button, or putting it in the clipboard using the Copy button. I used the Copy button, and then pasted it into an new email to you. I am sending the app to you, it is freeware.