Hang Over Soup!!!!!

:idea:this is soup which i have every time i have a hangover. i first tried it when i stayed at my friends grandfathers house about 4 years ago and i`ve swore by it ever since. it gives your body a good kickstart and it works straight away. so have a good pipping hot serving then go back to bed for 30 minutes and you will be as right as rain. this recipe makes 2-3 servings.

you need,

dried parsley. 4 teaspoons,
hot chilli powder. 2 teaspoons,
cayenne pepper. 2 teaspoons,
2 bay leaves,
tabasco sauce. 1 teaspoons,
sugar. 6 teaspoons,
sweet corn. 250g,
carrots. 2 peeled and chopped,
onion. 1 largepeeled and chopped,
garlic, 2 cloves crushed.
tins of plumb tomatoes. 2. do not drain,
olive oil. 4 tablespoons,
milk/cream. 250ml,
water. 250-350ml,
chicken stock cube,
salt and pepper to taste.

fry off the carrots, onion and garlic in the olive oil for a couple of minutes before adding all the rest of the ingredients apart from the milk. boil for 20 mins or so. add the milk and then stick it in the blender and dish its as simple as that. its even better with some chopped chorizo sausage mixed through it and some croutons.

looking forward to trying this. i hope it works as good as u say.
has anyone else tried it yet?

to help get rid of your hang over try starting with the soup followed by a brown roll with cream cheese and bacon to get some good protein in you and finnishing off with a smoothy containing apple, kiwi, banana, peanut butter, 1/2 inch of fresh grated root ginger and some mint leaves, this will replace all the vitamins and minerals you have lost and the ginger will get your blood pumping and the mint leaves will help you digest it all.
good luck i hope you feel better soon.

Craigearl,

Hang over or not, this has all the right ingredients to start anyone’s day. With the 4th of July around the corner, I think I’ll make a batch and send cups home with my guests :slight_smile: Cheers!