HELP!! Can I make this recipe with less sugar & butter?

OK so I LOVE cookies & baked goods…but need to curb the amount that I have…I would also like the things I give my kids to bee lower in sugar etc. So here is my question…I just made a batch of these yummy organic cookies, they were super yum…but they were pretty sweet…don’t get me wrong I loved them, but I am wondering how much of some of the not so good for you ingredients can you taper down without making them taste blah…there has to be a point where you can skim some…or is it all trial & error? I am just tired of keeping certain things away from my kids, that I had as akid, but in moderation…since I cannot watch over the older kids so easily, I want to make sure that I am giving them better stuff to attack when I am not there. Thanks for all of your help :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for a your wonderful explanations, they make sense :slight_smile: I will try and incorporate some of the things you suggested. I try and use a lot of organic things, so sugar substitutes such as splenda don’t work for me. Thanks again for taking the time to write what you did :slight_smile: