We just found out that our 20 month old has a dairy allergy. Does anyone have meal or snack ideas without any dairy?
Good luck with feeding your little one. You will survive. My father is deathly allergic to eggs and our son can’t have dairy products. One thing that is very helpful is the nondairy creamers. But please be sure to read the label as some nondairy products do have dairy components. Is it the whey or the cassian that your baby is allergic to? This does make a difference although some will say it doesn’t. Sorbet is another thing that is good as it is only fruit and sugar water blended and frozen. Watch out it is very rich, a couple of spoons will go a long way. Back to the nondairy creamers, you can use it in place of cream or milk by diluting it with water. I usually just go by taste. Good luck you will make it and the baby may outgrow the allergy. Our son was on Prosobee when he was little, didn’t stunt his growth, he now stants 6 ft 5.
Do you have soy bean substitute drinks, we have soy milk and soy icescream so you can still enjoy your cereal and icecream when we fast for lent
Milk-Free Fudge Cake #104996
by Dawn Hatchett | my other recipes | e-mail me
Not yet rated, be the first
No photo posted yet.
Post a photo of this recipe.I was messing around with cake recipes to make a fudgy cake that wasn’t too heavy and was milk free. this one is incredibly good and noone can tell it is milk free! â€” Nov 29, 2004
3 ounces chocolate chips (parve, or dairy-free)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup boiling water
1 cup club soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
6-8 servings Change size or US/metric | 40 minutes 15 mins prep
Change to: servings US Metric
Print | E-mail this recipe
Add to My Cookbook | My Shopping List | My Plan
Post My Review of this recipe | Save a Private Note
Question? Ask the Chef or Ask the Community | Typo? Send a Correction
- Grease 2 round cake pans and sprinkle with flour to avoid sticking.
- in a large bowl combine chocolate chips, cocoa powder and 1 cup boiling water, stir until chocolate chips are disolved.
- Add 1& 1/2 cups sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 eggs and 1/2 Cup vegetable oil, whisking until smooth, add 1 cup of club soda, whisk.
- sift together dry ingredients onto a piece of wax paper, (or seperate bowl) slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, whisking to keep the batter smooth.
- pour into prepared pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes let cool and frost with your favorite frosting or use mine!
- Fudgey Frosting.