Hershey Chocolate Cookies

I’m looking for the recipe for Hershey’s cocoa chocolate cookies. I understand it was on the back of the can of Hershey’s cocoa years ago. I have gone to their site, but can’t find what I am looking for. They have recipes for double chocolate, etc. but I’d like the one that was on the back of their can. Thanks!

HERSHEY’S COCOA CRINKLE COOKIES

Prep Time: 30 min.
Start to Finish:

Ingredients:

2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa or HERSHEY’S Dutch Processed Cocoa
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar
Instructions:
Combine granulated sugar and oil in large bowl; add cocoa, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to cocoa mixture, beating well.

Cover; refrigerate until dough is firm enough to handle, at least 6 hours.

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar to coat. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.

Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly and tops are crackled. Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

Source: Hershey’s Website, Sep 2000

HERSHEY’S HOLIDAY CHOCOLATE DROP COOKIES

Prep Time:
Start to Finish:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Instructions:
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.

In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in raisins, dates and walnuts. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3 dozen cookies.

Source: Hershey’s Website, Sep 2000

HERSHEY’S DOUBLY CHOCOLATE COOKIES

Yield: 54 cookies

2 c All-purpose flour
2/3 c HERSHEY’S Cocoa
3/4 ts Baking soda
1/4 ts Salt
1 c Butter or margarine – softened
1 1/2 c Sugar
2 Eggs
2 ts Vanilla extract
12 oz HERSHEY’S Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet) OR…
11 1/2 oz -Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 c Coarsely chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

HERSHEY COOKIES
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Whisk together dry ingredients until no streaks remain.

Cream together butter, shortening, sugars and egg. Add dry ingredients, vanilla and nuts.

Mix well. Drop onto greased cookie sheet.

Butter the bottom of a decorative glass or a cookie press; dip in granulated sugar. Press design onto cookies.

Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until done.

Thank you for the quick response. Was any of these on the Hershey Cocoa can?

I don’t have any old cocoa cans. These were from the Archive.org archived view of the Hershey website about 9 or 10 years ago.