Hi there

Hello to everybody, i crash into this forum looking for a pizza dough recipe and i just loved it. Hope to have fun cookin all your recipes. thanks.:smiley:

I owned a pizza house when I was working. The following is the pizza dough we used.

PIZZA DOUGH

4-1/2 OUNCES OF YEAST
2/3 CUP OF SALT
1 CUP SUGAR
1 CUP OIL
1 QUART LUKE WARM WATER
10 CUPS (PLUS OR MINUS) FLOUR

PLACE THE YEAST, SALT, SUGAR AND OIL IN THE BOWL.
MIX UNTIL THE YEAST HAS DISSOLVED.
ADD THE WATER.
BLEND WELL UNTIL THE SUGAR AND SALT HAVE DISSOLVED.
ADD THE FLOUR ALL AT ONE TIME.
BEAT THE DOUGH UNTIL IT COMES AWAY FROM THE SIDES OF THE BOWL.
KNEAD THE DOUGH IN THE BOWL FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES.
REMOVE THE DOUGH HOOK AND COVER WELL WITH A PLASTIC BAG.
LET DOUGH RISE UNTIL AT LEAST DOUBLED IN SIZE.
CUT AND ROLL INTO DOUGH BALLS.
LARGE DOUGH BALLS - 14 OUNCES -for 14 inch pizza
SMALL DOUGH BALLS - 7 OUNCES- for 8 inch pizza
X-TRA LARGE DOUGH BALLS - 16 OUNCES for 16 to 18 inch pizza

PLACE THE DOUGH BALLS ON TRAY.
COVER THEM WELL TO PREVENT DRAFTS.
REFRIGERATE OVER NIGHT AND THEN ROLL AND PLACE AND IN PANS.
PULL THE DOUGH AROUND THE PAN, COVER AND LET RISE.
BAKE AT 550 FOR 3 MINUTES.
REMOVE FROM PANS AND LET COOL.
PLACE IN PLASTIC BAGS SO THEY WILL NOT GET HARD.
REFRIGERATE TO KEEP FRESH.

Needless to say this makes a lot. You can cut the recipe in half or quarter it. For the extra dough you can make up the extra pizza shells and bake them until they just barely start to turn golden (almost white). Pull them out of the oven and cool them. Place them in a plastic bag and freeze them with waxed paper between them. then pull them out as you need them. They will cook up the same as if they were raw dough. If your oven doesnโ€™t go to 550 cook them at the highest temperature it does go to. Watch them closely as they do cool fast. If you use the dough in the raw state ift will only keep in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 days. Making shells is your best bet. Extra dough may also be used to make bread sticks, etc. i hope this helps you.

thank you for the tips!!!

Hello, I now became a member of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just enjoy the environment here.