Homemade Nutella

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup almonds or hazelnuts

Roast the nuts: Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.

While still warm, place nuts in a food processor and process for five to 10 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.

Once the nuts have the consistency of nut butter, add the chocolate chips and process until thoroughly combined.

Each serving is one tablespoon.

I love Nutella, who knew it could be so simple to make yourself. I’m going to have to try this one out.

THANKS FOR THE RECIPE TO MAKE IT FOR OURSELVES Cin♥

Check out the recipe for Nutella Cheesecake Bars.

Question: Should the chocolate chips be softened before adding them to the nut butter?

The nut butter should still be warm from the roasting, so I would not soften them.

Always enjoy reading your recipes, and like you said I never comment, ask or do anything on recipe secrets! Well, today I will make a comment! The recipe for homemade Nutella looks good, but is cheaper to buy! Guess you won’t want any comments from me anymore LOL! Don’t be mad at me, I love many of the recipes posted on this site, always enjoy reading it.

I don’t remember saying you never comment, but you are probably right it is cheaper to buy. But you don’t get the fun of making it. Please comment all you want, and no offense taken. LOL

3/4 cup skinned hazelnuts — toasted
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp Agave nectar or honey
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder– not Dutch processed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for about 15 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool for a few minutes and then run them though a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to get the skins off. You can even roll a few at a time in your palms and the skins will come off this way as well. This takes only a couple of minutes. Don’t worry if you can’t get all of the skins off. Cool, and set aside for a few minutes.
Microwave the chips in a microwave safe dish for about 15 seconds, remove and stir. Repeat for about 10 seconds or until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Set that aside to cool to room temp.
Take your hazelnuts and place in food processor or mini electric chopper and pulse until they look like a paste. You will want to scrape the sides down a few times to evenly grind.
Add the condensed milk, nectar/honey and salt. Continue to blend. Add the vanilla and cocoa powder. Add the cooled melted chocolate. Keep scraping the sides and pulse until all is combined and the Nutella is at your desired texture.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
Place your favorite fruit, cracker or (my favorite) toasted baguette around your dish.