Fantastic secret restaurant recipe today, which has earned a 5-star rating. This recipe comes from the renowned Hotel Condon located in Oregon.
Secret Recipe Alert
Hotel Condon Corn Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (4.25 ounces) flour
- 1 cup cornmeal, not stone-ground
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 small (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons honey, or as desired (up to 1/3 cup)
Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs.
Whisk in the creamed corn, then the melted butter. Whisk in the sugar until fully combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
Slowly whisk the flour mixture into the large bowl until combined. Fold in the diced chiles and cheese until combined.
Spoon the mixture into a greased 10-inch round cake pan (with 3-inch walls) and smooth the top of the batter.
Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool the bread for 15 minutes on a rack.
Invert the bread onto a platter and “frost” with the honey. Cool completely, then cut and serve.
Makes 16 Servings
Source: LA Times
Adapted from Chef Gail Stanfield of the Hotel Condon in Condon, Oregon.
Until Next Time… Be Well!
Your OMAD should be a Vegan Protein Smoothie