How do you make your favorite banana split?

Banana splits are great for summer (and filling too!)

With so many different flavors or ice cream and toppings - what are some of your favorites??

If made the “traditional way” in a banana boat then it’s:

split banana, 3 scoops of ice cream - vanilla, orange sherbet, strawberry swirl, topped with fresh strawberries mixedwith sugar (or the frozen ones thawed are fine!), whipped cream, crushed nuts of choice, 3 maraschino cherries on top

or -

split banana, 3 scoops of ice cream - heavenly hash, chocolate chip, and chocolate fudge, topped with either hot fudge sauce or chocolate syrup, crushed nuts of choice, whipped cream and maraschino cherries

or -

split banana, 3 scoops of ice cream - spumoni, pistachio and vanilla - topped with strawberries, whipped cream, pistachio nuts and maraschino cherries

when I want a “little banana split” it’s usually a half banana sliced, a scoop or ice cream or sherbet, strawberries are my favorite (unless I go chocolate), whipped cream, nuts and a cherry.

also - sliced fresh peaches, plums or nectarines can easily replace bananas - even fresh pineapple, orange, tangerine, kiwi, etc.

It’s fun to play around with different combinations…what are your favorites?

(and if I am having a chocolate attack - replace chopped nuts with chocolate covered nuts of choice or chocolate covered raisins!!!

QUOTE: “split banana, 3 scoops of ice cream - spumoni, pistachio and vanilla - topped with strawberries, whipped cream, pistachio nuts and maraschino cherries”

That’s the closest. One scoop chocolate, one vanilla LARGE!! We only use 2 scoops and a split banana on each side. Then, on left side, pineapple, middle is strawberry, and right is chocolate (all syrups). Topped by syrupy walnuts and whipped cream and a cherry on each 3 toppings.

I use fresh of each ingredient for pineapple and strawberries, and the fat free hot fudge topping. BUT!!! I do use the jar cherries. (My indulgence.) Toasted pecans are a wonderful sub for syrupy walnut topping.

Also, Smuckers has a great!!! fat-free Milky Way topping!!! Somtimes my daughters, (17 and 19) use that instead of the pineapple.

HMMMM! It’s 10 @ night here! I either gotta go eat my leftover watermelon or more ice cream! Guess which one I choose!?!?!?!

LOL - ICE CREAM!!!

(was I right???)

KW

Here’s one to try - substitute canteloupe for bananas, used orange, lemon and lime or rainbow sherbet, strawberries (the frozen type) whipped cream, nuts and cherries -

(can you tell I just bought canteloupe and sherbets??? LOL)