How Have Higher Gas Prices Affected You?

Well… the gas price is finally dropping. I live in a moderately small town, compaired to most. We have a few chain stores and even fewer resturaunts, yet we seem able to support a 4-year university. In the past 5 weeks, gas has dropped from 2.99 per gallon to 2.27… why?? Because some concerened citizens contacted Austin about price gouging… lol… it worked!! When we were at 2.65 a gallon here, towns (even smaller that us) had dropped their prices to 2.35 and lower… unbelievable!!

We only put enough gas in each week to get to work and back and run some errands, only filling up if we happen to be going out of town. I see others doing the same… I think the local gas stations “got the message”!!

I think that the prices of gas these days is outragious. People are losing their jobs,losing their houses and other things but yet the government needs to find some way to get those oil companies to lower the gas prices.Why should they have the FAT POCKETS why not spread the wealth around and give it to the little people who needs more.

Whenever you look at older movies (movies made in the 80’s and early 90’s) look at the gas prices in the background if they have a scene with a gas station in it. I’ve noticed it more and more now. Was watching the movie Collateral (Tom Cruise movie) there was a scene with a gas station. The price at that station (in Los Angeles) was $2 I think. Did some research online for gas prices in 2004 (that’s when the movie was made), they had media reports complaining about the gas prices hitting a new record high of over $2 LOL. WOW.

WEB SHOWS

If you think gas prices are high in the US just say a prayer for those of us in Australia where the cost is AU$ 1.25 a litre which equates to

US$ 5.27 a gallon

and bear in mind that Australia is slightly bigger in size than the US with only 25 million population compared to your 300 million- so we are sparsely populated which means further to drive to get anywhere.

On average most Australians drive 25000 to 30000 miles a year.

Neil