I am looking for a stuffed tomatoe recipe

I am looking for a stuffed tomatoe recipe that calls for sour cream and green onions along with the pulp of the tomatoe among other ingredients. My mother in law made this a while ago and I really enjoyed it , however she doesnt believe in sharing recipes and refuses to give it to me. All I can remember is sour cream and green onions are in it. I have tried duplicating it from my memory and I am forgetting some ingredients because it doesnt taste the same. If anyone has a similiar recipe for stuffed tomatoes with sour cream, could I please have it. Thank you.

TOconn1970: The only one I have with sour cream has spinach in it. I’m sure that it’s not what you are looking for, but I’ll post it just in case.

BetK

Stuffed Tomatoes With Spinach

2 tablespoons bacon drippings or butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
8 ounces fresh chopped spinach
1/2 cup sour cream
3 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
a few dashes Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce
4 medium firm ripe tomatoes
salt, to taste
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
:
In a heavy skillet, cook onion in baking drippings or butter until tender. Stir in spinach; cover and continue to cook for about 4 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Cut off tops of tomatoes; scoop out centers, leaving shell intact.
Sprinkle tomato shells lightly with salt and fill with spinach mixture. Place tomatoes in a lightly greased baking dish; bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Top each tomato with Mozzarella cheese and continue baking just until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.

Hi! Found this recipe for Tomato Dip. It sounds like what you’re looking for. If not, let me know. That’s all that I could find to use as a tomato stuffing with sour cream and no breadcrumbs :smiley: Good luck!

Tomato dip is made with chopped tomato, lemon juice, sour cream, green onions, and seasonings.

1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
2 cups sour cream

Combine tomatoes with lemon juice, salt, and pepper; let stand for 45 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce, green onions, and sour crea; stir to blend. Refrigerate to chill thoroughly.

Serve with veggie dippers or chips.

the recipes sound great thank you very much. I am excited to try them out!

Stuffed Tomatoes

Hi TOconn1970… Obviously I don’t know your mother-in-law. No doubt she has many redeeming qualities. After all, you married her husband! :lol: No offence intended, but I must say, I can’t believe the audacity of people that won’t share a recipe with someone, particularly when it comes to a family member. Unless disclosing a recipe is strictly prohibited by franchise agreement or copyright law, hoarding a recipe, especially one that is enjoyed by others, is nothing short of selfish. Bottom line…yah can’t take them with yah, when your time comes…so spread a little joy now! Hope this helps. And if your mother-in-law likes the recipe…set an example and share it with her.

Ingredients:

6 medium tomatoes
1 cup dry curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup green bell pepper
1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Lettuce leaves

optional:
1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked

Cut each tomato into 6 wedges, cutting to, but not through, base of
each tomato. Refrigerate, in medium bowl, combine cottage cheese and
yogurt, mix well, Stir in remaining ingredients except lettuce
leaves.

Place tomatoes on individual lettuce-lined plates, spread
wedges apart, spoon in cottage mixture into center of each tomato.

Makes 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: 98 calories (12% of calories from fat), 1g
Total Fat. < 1g Saturated Fat, 8mg Cholesterol, 48 mg Sodium, 14g
Protein, 9g Carbohydrate, 2g Dietary Fiber

B-man :smiley: