I did it myself -

Last Friday I went to McDonalds and I thought I was poisoned! Remember my complaint about their fish sandwich and fries??

This Friday - I did it myself!

Hoagie buns (I toasted mine), breaded fish fillets, lettuce, tartar sauce and TWO slices of cheese! Oven fried the fish fillets, and I made oven fries - cut steak-style. Good ol’ ketchup and malt vinegar for dipping fries!!

Now I would like to see McDonald’s make one that was that good!!! But I do think the sandwich was a bit too big - I’m overstuffed from it. LOL

KW,

You are too funny. I did read about your episode with Mc D’s. I also used to like their fish sandwiches. One of the things that I liked was the tartar sauce, which in the old days they put a lot of it on. Do you have that recipe? On another note, you have made me hungry for fries with ketchup and vinegar :slight_smile: Regards, Paula

Hi Paula - Years ago I used to enjoy their fish sandwiches more than anything. It is so disappointing today. Here is the recipe you asked for - and malt vinegar and ketchup with fresh made steak fries (baked or deep fried) is the best!!!

I hope you enjoy the recipe!

KW

Mc Donald’s Tartar Sauce

1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1/4 cup dill relish - I used Vlastic
12 capers - optional, minced
2 tsp. dried minced onion
2 tsp. milk
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. granulated sugar

-Combine all ingredients in a sealable container.
-Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.

Thank you, KW…you are the best!

By the way, I tried a BK fish sandwich today. It was okay but very salty and not enough sauce. I will try your method of frying my own fish, making my own McD tarter sauce (thanks to you), and certainly my own fries with salt, vinegar and ketchup! Regards, Paula

Paula - I had a fish sandwich many years ago at BK - I won’t say anything except - IT WAS THE LAST TIME I HAD ONE THERE! Need I say more?? Make an extra sandwich for me - we can have a great fun lunch!!

KW

Hi KW,

They make them different today. My last one prior to this was many years ago, as well. Today, at least the BK I went to in Florida, they make them on a kaiser roll (with extra fish hanging off the side). Again, very salty.

By the way, I am not a fast food person. Stopped there to pick up a quick lunch for my pals at work. Thought about a fish sandwich because of your “I did it myself” and have had a taste for it ever since :slight_smile:

I will make my own, as you did, and thanks again for the tartar sauce recipe. I’ll let you know when dinner is served :slight_smile: Regards, Paula