I need help !!!

Hi, I am from Romania and I need your help.
Maybe someone can give me the recipe for pancakes.
I know actually you buy the pancakes’ flour from supermarket and you add only the water.
But maybe someone know the old pancakes’ recipe because in Romania we don’t have this kind of flour !? :cry:
I hope…
Many,many thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Blueberry Pancakes
Makes about sixteen 4-inch pancakes, serving 4 to 6

When local blueberries are not in season, frozen blueberries are a better alternative. To make sure that frozen berries do not bleed, rinse them under cool water in a mesh strainer until the water runs clear, and then spread them on a plate lined with paper towels to dry. If you have buttermilk on hand, you can use 2 cups instead of the milk and lemon juice but the milk and lemon juice taste better.

1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
2 cups milk
2 cups (10 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 to 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, preferably wild, rinsed and dried

1. Whisk the lemon juice and milk in a medium bowl or large measuring cup; set aside to thicken while preparing the other ingredients. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
  2. Whisk the egg and melted butter into the milk until combined. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients in the bowl; pour in the milk mixture and whisk very gently until just combined (a few lumps should remain). Do not over-mix.
  3. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes; add 1 teaspoon oil and brush to coat the skillet bottom evenly. Pour ¼ cup batter onto three spots on the skillet; sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries over each pancake. Cook the pancakes until large bubbles begin to appear, 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Using a thin, wide spatula, flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown on second side, 1 to 1 ½ minutes longer. Serve immediately, and repeat with the remaining batter, using the remaining vegetable oil only if necessary.

Welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy.
A J

Many thanks Persephone1946.
I will try your recipe today and I hope it will be successful.
I hope my grandsons will enjoy it.

We like our pancakes with maple syrup poured over them. Others like different kinds of syrup or jam on them.

Let me know how your grandsons like (or dislike) them.

A J