I Need Your Best Fish Recipes<><>so Gimme What You Got

Hi all,

Im going to be having family over for a while and they really love fish. I plan on making a few different fish recipes per night, meaning that i will need your best recipes.

Since i know that there are so many people who are helpful and have many different fish recipes, so all am asking for is like 2-3 of your best recipes per person. =)

(Favorites are Salmon, Tilapia with different crusts and toppings, But i do like and need recipes from other fish as well.)

…SO…GIMME WHAT YOU GOT

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Salmon, Spinach, and Potatoes Baked in Parchment

1 TBLS unsalted butter, softened
1 TBLS salt-packed capers, rinsed well and coarsely chopped
1 TBLS coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 large russet potato, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 shallots, thinly sliced
3 ounces baby spinach (about 1 cup)
2 salmon fillets (6 ounces and 1 1/2 inches thick each), skinned
1 lemon, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 400°. Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven to heat. Cut
parchment to size. Stir together butter, capers, parsley, & garlic in a small bowl;
set aside. Divide potato slices between parchment rectangles, layering them in stacks to form a bed (slightly larger than the salmon fillet) to one side of crease.
Season with salt & pepper. Top each bed of potatoes with 1/4 of the shallots
Followed by half the spinach. Place salmon fillets on top of spinach. Divide
remaining shallots evenly between packets. Top each salmon fillet with 2
lemon slices (reserve remaining slices for garnish). Dot with caper butter;
season with salt and pepper.
Fold parchment paper over ingredients, at the
crease. Starting with one end of the paper and keeping edges together, make small overlapping pleats the length of the paper, creasing tightly as you go and shaping the edge into an arc. The packet should resemble a half-moon.
Carefully transfer packets to preheated baking sheet. Bake until packets have puffed, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer packets to plates. Serve immediately, :-Popening packets at the table. Garnish with remaining lemon slices.

Sounds Great… Will Definitelly give it a try =)

TALAPIA IN PARCHMENT
Hello Mr. Fish,

This is a recipe that I got from this site and have made it several times. It is marvelous! I believe it was originally posted by SouthernBelle.

It’s simple to make and easy on the mess.

Paula

TALAPIA IN PARCHMENT

1 Lb. Talapia
1/4 Lemon in thin slices
1/4 large onion, minced
1 package fresh spinach
1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Cayanne Pepper
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
dash sea salt
1/8 cup Dry Vermouth
1/4 cup chicken stock

Layer all ingredients in an aluminum foil pouch. Seal tightly and bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes.
Simply Delicious. Serve with steaming Basmati rice.

Hi Mr. Fish:

Here’s another recipe from this site that I have made often. I’m sorry to the person who originally posted this that I’m not citing your name. Anyway, this is very good. Frozen fillets work just fine.

Paula

Baked Orange Roughy

1. 1 pound orange roughy fillets
  2. 1/4 cup lemon juice
  3. 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves
  4. 2 teaspoons dried mustard

Place fillets in large casserole that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Squeeze lemon juice over fillets. Sprinkle dried mustard and tarragon leaves over fish. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. 4 servings.

Here’s another one, Mr. Fish:

Also, type “fish recipes” in the search section on this site, many recipes are posted there.

Paula

Stewed Tilapia

Hello all…this is a recipe that is so simple, mainly healthy, and very good:

6 Tilapia fillets (or less)
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
2 cans of seasoned stewed tomatoes (chop them in the can)
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Brown Rice
Chicken Broth

Heat butter in a 5 quart pan; add tilapia fillets and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Saute for a minute or so and flip, repeat with sea salt and pepper. Again saute for a minute or so. Add stewed tomatoes, cover and turn the heat off.

Make your brown rice according to directions except use chicken broth instead of water.

Put rice on the plate and top with the tilapia mixture. This is so good!

Paula

Mr. Fish,
I serve this dish in my restaurant, and it is always a big hit with the guests. I hope you enjoy it as well. I use flounder in this recipe, but sole or any other white fish will serve as a substitute.

Stuffed Flounder with Pinot White Sauce

4 flounder filets
1 shallot, minced
1/2 stick butter
8 slices white bread, crusts removed, cubed, and toasted
1 pint sea scallops, chopped
3 lobster tails, shell removed and chopped
4 TBS chopped scallions
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup Pinot Noir (or your favorite white wine)
6 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
6 oz. shredded Edam cheese
Freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper
Tony Sachere’s seasoning (or your favorite cajun mix)

Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add shallot and saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add wine to pan. Add scallops and lobster and saute until scallops start to change color a bit, another 3 minutes or so. Add bread cubes and toss to mix, cooking until bread has absorbed about 3/4 of the liquid. Add cheeses and reduce heat to low, tossing to incorporate. When cheese has melted, remove from heat and add scallions and parsley, tossing to combine. Set aside.

Lightly season both sides of flounder filets with freshly cracked sea salt, black pepper, and Tony Sachere’s seasoning. Place a thin coating of Pinot White sauce in bottom of an oven proof dish. Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and spread onto flounder filets. Roll up and place in baking dish. Top with Pinot White Sauce and another dash on Tony Sachere’s seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. I usually accompany this dish with a wild rice risotto cooked with lobster stock and a micro green salad with a balsamic vinagrette.

Pinot White Sauce
1/2 stick butter
1 cup Pinot Noir
Swiss cheese
Edam cheese

Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add wine. Add cheese, a bit at a time, until incorporated. I use about 6 oz. of each, but you can increase or decrease that amount depending upon how thick or thin you would like your sauce. Enjoy!

I HAVE TO SAY ONE THING… YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING.
:rolleyes:
I CANT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!:cool::rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

KEEP IT COMING!

THANKS,
MR. FISH
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mr. Fish,
Fennel is one of those hot new items right now. It goes really well in this recipe with Salmon. I found it in the Too Many Chefs section of A Veggie Venture site. Hope you can use it.

Salmon Steaks on Braised Fennel

2 salmon steaks
1 bulb of fennel
2 Tbs butter
1/2 cup marsala wine
1/3 cup crème fraîche
salt and pepper

Slice the fennel in pieces just under a centimeter (half an inch) in width. Melt the butter in a frying pan and when it starts to froth add the fennel. Turn up the heat a little as you initially want to brown the fennel slightly, even if it means slightly browned butter. Turn them over and brown the other side. Add the wine, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, turn down the heat and cover. You’ll want to cook the fennel until it is tender but not soggy. I was relieved to find that the texture was not at all stringy and almost but not quite completely unlike braised celery. WHEW!

As the fennel will need to simmer for a while, you can start preparing any other vegetables you are serving (in my case, carrots) and then prepare the salmon steaks. Rinse them off and cook them in a little olive oil or butter. Or you could bake them. How you cook them isn’t too important, as they will be getting their flavour from the fennel sauce. You might want to salt and pepper them a little, though, and maybe add a squeeze of lemon juice.

Once the salmon and the fennel are done, place each steak on a bed of braised fennel and place the plates in a warm oven for a few minutes. Add the crème fraîche to the fennel pan and stir well with the braising juices. If the marsala has completely cooked away, you might want to slosh in another little bit. Cook down until slightly thickened and taste for salt and pepper. Pour over the salmon steaks and serve!

Mr. Fish,
Here’s another:

ALANNA’s TIPS Foodies may sniff but for every-day, I find minced garlic from a jar more than good enough in taste to say nothing of a time-saver. Leave the skins on the potato, adding fiber and saving a minute or two. For a heartier soup, use a pound of salmon or double the broth and add diced zucchini or sweet potato or ribboned spinach. Leftover salmon chowder reheats beautifully but doesn’t freeze well.
Kitchen Parade is written by second-generation food writer Alanna Kellogg and features fresh, seasonal dishes for every-day healthful eating and occasional indulgences.

SALMON CHOWDER
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Time-to-table: 35 minutes
Makes 9 cups
14-ounce can fat-free chicken broth (2 cups)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 fennel bulb, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
8 ounces russet potato, skin on, diced (from 1 large potato)
1½ cups frozen corn
1 bay leaf
½ pound fresh salmon, cut in half- inch pieces
2 cups fat free half ’n’ half (not really recommended if you want best taste and texture, but if you must for diet and nutrition)
Salt and pepper
Fresh thyme or chive, optional
Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave. (Skip this step if you’re not in a rush.)

Heat a large pot or Dutch oven on medium high. Add the oil, once it’s hot, add the vegetables as they’re prepped, stirring well with each addition. Add the bay leaf and broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. (If you’re cooking ahead, stop here.)

Stir in the fish, making sure to submerse so it’ll cook through. Add the half ‘n’ half and bring to eating temperature but do not allow to boil.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top bowls with fresh thyme or chive if desired.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE This recipe is Alanna-sized with reductions in fat and portion size and increases in fiber-rich vegetables. Per Cup: 163 Cal (25% from Fat); 5g Tot Fat; 1g Sat Fat; 21g Carb; 2g Fiber; 237mg Sodium; 15mg Cholesterol, Weight Watchers 3 points

Never miss a Kitchen Parade recipe: Sign up for an e-mail subscription.
© Copyright 2006 Kitchen Parade

Mr. Fish,
This is the last one. This recipe is so adaptable to many different items. Note that she suggests Salmon as an alternative. I would add that slices of lemon, pats of butter and dill should replace the BBQ sauce and that the cooking time needs to be adjusted for the Salmon as opposed to the chicken. An even shorter cooking time would be needed for Tilapia or Orange Roughy. You can choose any citrus, herb or veggies you or your guests prefer. Rice or Rice with Wild Rice cooked seperately would go well with the fish. I hope this helps.

ALANNA’s TIPS Don’t wrap the packets so tightly that the contents might poke holes in the foil. Opening the hot, steam-filled packets is a job best left to adults. Left sealed, the packet contents stay hot for a long time, making this technique a supper stabilizer for nights when everyone’s on different schedules. (The fish shouldn’t sit too long here; they will overcook) The foil packets can hold other combinations, too, perhaps salmon with fresh zucchini and/or corn and diced carrot. Just be sure that the vegetables are cut about the same size so that they’ll cook at about the same rate.

QUICK SUPPER:
TIN FOIL CHICKEN & VEGGIES
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Time-to-table: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Serves 4 but easily multiplied & divided
Barbecue sauce
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half-inch strips
1 green pepper, sliced in rings or diced
1 red pepper, sliced in rings or diced
4 small new potatoes, sliced thin
Optional: Other vegetables such as frozen corn or peas, diced onion, mushroom slices
Add’l barbecue sauce
Preheat the oven to 350F. Tear off four sheets of foil (preferably heavy duty), each about 12 by 15 inches. Smear about a tablespoon of barbecue sauce in a rough rectangular shape in the middle of each sheet.

Divide the chicken slices among the four sheets atop the barbecue sauce. Add the peppers, potatoes and any other vegetables. Drizzle another tablespoon of barbecue sauce over top.

In half-inch pleats, fold the foil over itself first lengthwise and then crosswise to create tightly sealed packets.

Place on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Carefully cut open the packets. Serve and enjoy!

Hi Mr. Fish,
I found this one today, which I thought might help. On the opening forum page of this site, did you see the video on the Red Snapper? This is from the BHG site:

Salmon-Vegetable Bake
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes

Ingredients
1 pound fresh or frozen skinless salmon, cod, or flounder fillets, about 3/4 inch thick
2 cups thinly sliced carrot
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced green onion (4)
2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 cloves garlic, halved
4 teaspoons olive oil mixed with 2 teaspoons orange juice
Salt and black pepper
2 medium oranges, thinly sliced
4 sprigs fresh oregano (optional)

Directions

1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving-size pieces, if necessary. Set aside. In a small saucepan cook carrot, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Tear off four 24-inch pieces of 18-inch-wide heavy foil. Fold each in half to make four 18x12-inch pieces.

2. In a large bowl combine carrot, mushrooms, green onion, orange peel, oregano, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and garlic; toss gently.

3. Divide vegetables among the four pieces of foil, placing vegetables in center of each piece. Place one piece of salmon on top of each portion of vegetables. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil over each piece of salmon. Sprinkle each lightly with additional salt and pepper; top with orange slices and, if desired, a sprig of oregano. Bring together two opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining ends to completely enclose the food, allowing space for steam to build. Place the foil packets in a single layer on a baking pan.

4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until carrot is tender and fish begins to flake when tested with a fork. Open carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer the packets to individual plates.

5. Makes 4 packets

HERB-ENCRUSTED BAKED FISH
Just one more good one - very adaptable. (Don’t know if you can really even find Scrod any more, but it’s really good.)

Herbs and lime flavor this fish entree. Serve with your favorite steamed vegetables or a salad.

[u]Ingredients:[/u]

Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon
1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds haddock or scrod
juice of 2 limes (about 6 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut in small chunks, or butter-flavored substitute
Lemon and lime slices, for garnish

Method

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the basil, tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Place the haddock in the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with half of the herb mixture; turn the fish over, and sprinkle the remaining herb mixture over the fish. Drizzle the lime juice over and around the fish and top with the butter or butter-flavored substitute. Bake about 30 minutes or until the fish is flaky when tested with a fork, turning once during baking. Garnish with lemon and lime slices.

Notes: Serve with a large salad and light vinaigrette dressing.

Number of servings: 6
Submitted By: Lesley Pew

Hi Mr. Fish,
Still more:

Herbed Grouper

A savory herb breading makes this grouper dish swim with flavor. Very easy to make.

Ingredients:

One 1-1/2 lb. grouper fillet
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 C fine, dry bread crumbs
1/2 C minced parsley
1 tbsp minced fresh basil
1 tsp dried thyme
Cooking spray
Parsley and basil sprigs for garnish, Lemon slicles for garnish

Method

Brush fillet with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parsley, basil and thyme. Press mixture onto all sides of fillet. Place in grill basket generously coated with cooking spray. Grill covered with lid, over medium heat, 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque throughout. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and basil and lemon slices. Serve immediately. If you don’t want to grill, use baking dish in oven; adjust cooking time.

Notes: Per Serving: 234 calories, 35 grams protein, 5 grams fat (% calories from fat 19), 11 grams carbohydrate, 63 milligrams cholesterol, 356 milligrams sodium, 1 gram fiber.

Number of servings: 4

Mr. Fish,
One last one and then a week-ending celebration one and I’ll quit:

Walnut Tilapia

Walnut oil and dill butter sauce give this tilapia a nice flavor that is perfect with white and wild rice.

Ingredients:

2 tilapia fillets
1 tbsp walnut oil
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Thyme
Dill
Prepared butter dill sauce, or make your own

Method

Heat a grill skillet and sprinkle it with walnut oil. Gently lay the fish on the skillet and let it cook for 4 minutes. Gently flip the tilapia and then sprinkle it to your taste with dill, thyme and pepper. Coat the tilapia with the butter dill sauce and let it cook for another 4 minutes. Add the walnuts and lay the tilapia on white and wild rice. To make your own butter dill sauce, just melt butter and stir in some chopped dill.

Number of servings: 2

Hello Mr. Fish,
Here are two celebratory recipes:

Lobster with Crabmeat Stuffing

A stuffing of Ritz cracker crumbs or your choice of bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, canned crabmeat & melted butter is spooned into the cavity of cleaned lobsters and baked.

Ingredients:

2 lobsters (1 to 1 1/2 lb. each)
1 “sleeve” of Ritz crackers or your choice of bread crumbs
1/4 cup choppped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can crabmeat (6 oz), with its liquid
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup), melted

Method

Have fishmonger kill and dress the lobster. Slightly crack the claws. Place crackers, parsley and garlic in food processor. Chop fine. Remove to a glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Add crabmeat with its liquid and the melted butter. Mix together. Place stuffing in the cavity that has been cleaned out. Bake lobster at 350 degrees F for about 1/2 hour or until the shell is red and the tail meat loses its translucency. Serve with lemon and drawn butter.

Here’s #2:

Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce

Marinated shrimp are grilled or broiled, then served with a creamy sauce made rich with cream and butter and flavored with garlic and rosemary.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. extra-large raw shrimp in shells
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup water
4 oz heavy cream (1/2 cup)
4 tbsp. butter or margarine White pepper

Method

Shell and de-vein shrimp, reserving shells. Chop rosemary from one sprig. In food processor or blender, combine 2 of the cloves of crushed garlic, chopped rosemary and olive oil; process until spices are blended with oil. Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate for 4 hours or overnight. Prepare sauce: Simmer reserved shells in the wine and water for 10 minutes. Remove shells from stock. Continue to boil and reduce liquid to 1/4 cup. Add heavy cream, butter, the whole sprig of rosemary and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Simmer until thickened. Strain; add pepper to taste. To cook shrimp, remove from marinade thread on skewers, and grill or broil until done, about 5 minutes per side. Spoon sauce on plate and top with cooked shrimp. If desired, garnish with another sprig of rosemary.

Notes: It’s low in sodium.

Number of servings: 2

I’m sure you know you can multiply contents to increase the number of servings. You might want to test these recipes with just you and a couple of people before you do them with a larger number. That’s my best advice from a cook with 23 years professional cooking experience. Most of all, enjoy the visit with your company! GOOD LUCK to you!

Mr. Fish,
This morning I found this web site for the first time. I see it as a treasure trove.
Go to Cooks.com - Recipe Search and More and click on Fish. You won’t believe how many choices they have, almost all of them good ones. I hope it helps.
Thom

Greetings, Mr Fish!

I don’t know if you still need recipes, but I’ve found a few that might interest you…!

Scottish Smoked Haddock with chive mash, poached egg and Mull cheddar sauce

Scottish Smoked Haddock with Stornoway Black Pudding Peat-smoked Scottish Haddock with Stornoway Black Pudding.

Scottish Seabass with baby Ayrshire potatoes and a saffron and Pernod sauce

Finnan Haddie (Haddock) with potato champ and a Mornay sauce

I hope you like these recipies. There are videos to show how they have been made as well, so it’s easier to do!

Let me know what you think?

THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!

THANK YOU ALL. THE FISH WAS DELICIOUS:mrgreen:

My favorite:

4    	Onion
2    	lbs	Fish	cod, sole, haddock, perch
 1/2	cup	Mayonnaise
2    	tsp	Worcestershire 
Sauce
2    	T	Lemon Juice
 1/4	tsp	Parmesan Cheese
2    	T	Parsley	chopped