Ice Cream Recipes

I have used Hand-cranked ice cream machines.These machine are a variation of the sorbtierre which is a French adaptation of the pot-freezer method.I have also used Cuisinart ice cream maker.I love it! It is electric and comes with an insert you put in the freezer.You make whatever ice cream flavor you want and then pour it into the frozen insert, set the insert on the base,cover it with the lid and turn it on.

Ingredients

* 5 cubes ice (optional)
* 1 scoop vanilla icecream
* ½ a glass coke/pepsi

Method

* Pour your coke/ pepsi into your glass. Then scoop up your vanilla and carefully drop it in the glass. For extra freshness, add ice cubes to finish it all off - ENJOY!

We used to do this with root beer and called it a black cow. Later people started calling it a root beer float.

I like ice cream very much thanks for These are very good recipes as these seem to me i try…

Best homemade coffee ice cream I ever ate!

Outstanding Coffee Ice Cream

Ingredients
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
6 egg yolks
Chocolate curls, for garnish (optional)

Directions
Combine the cream, milk, sugar, and coffee in a medium size heavy saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove.

Beat the egg yolks in a medium size bowl. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream/milk mixture into the egg yolks. Gradually add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream, to the rest of hot cream/milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon or reaches 170 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer(about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for at leas 2 hours.

Remove from the refrigerator and pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine. Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. After the ice cream is made, transfer to an airtight container. Cover tightly and freeze until ready to serve. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.

Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving so it can soften up a bit.

Ok guys as we are heading into Spring, does anyone have a recipe for honey and lavender ice cream??? That would be heavenly

Ice Cream Bars

1/2 gallon medium frozen Ice Cream Your favotire flavor
1 large bag Nestle’s Chocolate Chips ( can use Butterscotch chips also)
4 tbls Parafine, melted
Chopped nuts, Toasted coconut, Sprinkles, Rice Crispies, Wonton Noodles(crushed course

Cut ice cream in half and cut each half into 12 equal slices. Refreese very hard.

In double boiler melt chocolate or butterscotch chips and add the parafine to melt.

One tray of slices at a time, Dip into melted chocolate and then roll in choice of coatings. LAy on waxed paper covered tray and refreeze. THen wrap in Waxed Paper.

If desired use Oatmeal cookies shaped like logs so they are longer than wide and lay slice of ice cream between two of the and then dip in coating and toppings

I wondered about paraffin and found this on the internet:

Question: What is paraffin wax?
What is paraffin wax and why is it in my chocolate candy recipe? Is it edible? Where can I find it?
Answer: Paraffin wax, classified as a chemical preservative, is widely used on fruits, vegetables, and candy to make them shiny and pretty as well as to retard moisture loss and spoilage. Waxes are made from vegetable oils, palm oil derivatives, and synthetic resins, as well as other materials. Some people, notably those who are allergic to aspirin, may be sensitive to many waxes, depending on their ingredients.

Yes, it is edible. Paraffin wax is often added to chocolates. The addition of paraffin to the chocolate candy gives it a nice, glossy finish and helps it remain solid at room temperature. Be aware that paraffin is flammable when overheated, so warm it gently in a double-boiler or microwave only to the point where it is melted.

You can find paraffin wax, also sometimes called baker’s wax or canning wax, in your grocery store where canning jars and supplies are sold. Paraffin is still commonly used (although not recommended) to seal home-canned jellies and jams. However, some paraffin is not intended to be ingested, such as that sold for candlemaking, so check the label.

Gulf Wax Paraseal Canning Wax, Household Paraffin Wax is a popular brand of paraffin used for canning and chocolate-making.

Hi everyone! It has been awhile since visiting here. Was looking at all the recipes for ice cream and OMG loved some of these. Will try them as soon as possible.
I like to crush up Oreo’s, then take chocolate ice cream patted down like slab. Then add some pecans, then another layer of strawberry ice cream and finally sprinkled some of the remaining oreo’s if you still have or you can always crush more. Freeze again.
Oh it is yummy!! Hope you try it!

Ice Cream Muffins

Winner of the Pillsbury 17th annual bakeoff (Jan 1966)

“The one great surprise was ice cream, never regarded as a convenience product, but used by several of the finalists as a substitute for sweetening, shortening and flavoring.”

2 cups self-rising flour*
2 cups softened vanilla ice cream

Measure flour and ice cream int mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Fill well-greased muffin cups three-fourths full.

Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.

*For use with regular flour, decrease flour to 1 1/2 cups. Add 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt.

VARIATION:
If a richer muffin is desired, add 1 egg and 2 tablespoons cooking oil.

Makes about 12 muffins

Source: Pittsburgh Press newspaper - Thursday, Jan 27, 1966

The ice cream wafer (and also ice cream cone) has been associated with the enjoyment of ice cream for a long time. Today there are more varieties of wafer to choose from than ever before. This makes it possible to have even more fun with ice cream and create really interesting sundaes and ice cream presentations.

wafers for ice cream

Here are some of the many types of wafers which are available today:

Fan wafers - used in many ice cream sundae creations and optional in a Knickerbocker Glory

Teddy bear wafers - ideal for children's party ice cream

Wafer curls - slim and stylish, they come in different colors & flavors

Wafer baskets - sometimes they're even lined with chocolate!

Brandy snap baskets - ideal for a single scoop presentation with sliced fruit

Waffles - providing a 'hot' ice cream treat that melts in the mouth! Best with ice cream, syrup and fresh fruit.

Nougat filled, chocolate dipped thick wafers - an extra special treat! Not very common but still produced by some ice cream wafer manufacturers. Great for a super thick ice cream sandwich

dennismorgan you forgot to mention just eating from a spoon out of the carton.

Total Fat in Grams Per Cup Dairy Products

184.12g - Butter, stick
88.06g - Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream before whipping)
72g - Original Philadelphia Cream Cheese
49g - Whipped Butter
48.21g - Sour Cream
46.34g - Light Cream
31.93g - Ricotta Cheese (Whole Milk)
27.84g - Half & Half Cream
26.62g - Sweetened Condensed Milk
22g - Traditional Plain Greek Yogurt
19.05g - Evaporated Milk, undiluted
19g - Regular Eggnog
14.26g - Ice Cream
7.93g - Whole Milk
5g - 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
4.9g - Buttermilk (2% - Reduced Fat, Cultured)
4.81g - 2% Milk
3.8g - Plain Yogurt
2.37g - 1% Milk
2.16g - Buttermilk (1% - Lowfat, Cultured)
1.4g - Dry Buttermilk (Reconstituted)
0.44g - Nonfat Milk
0.44g - Nonfat Plain Yogurt

i know the posts here are now a past thing yet contain valuable formulas about in making a cool and delicious ice cream … so why not to make it best utilized into the same dessert preparation

B-Man is an Ice Cream Man…

your recipe is very easy thanks for sharing it