If you were stranded on a desert island...

If you were stranded on a desert island and could have only one meal over and over again for a year, what would it be?

Steak, baked potato and a tossed salad. I could eat salad every day of the week and steak and baked potato are pretty good too. Oh and throw in some chocolate meringue pie if we get dessert!

Crab Legs with lots of yummy garlic butter!

I good pot roast with potatoes and carrots.

Hands down, my homemade tostados! With so many delicious ingredients you could vary the combinations everyday and never get tired of this delicious salad and beef combo on a tortilla!!

Lucky Lee

Loaf of my homemade whole wheat bread made with honey and orange juice and Amish XX aged cheddar cheese. My beverage would be Concho y Toro cabernet sauvignon/Merlot from Chile. A loaf of my bread cheese wll supply complete protien can sustain life for one day. wine is now recognized as health suplement and of course the wine does make one “feel good”. :slight_smile:

Loaf of my homemade whole wheat bread made with honey and orange juice and Amish XX aged cheddar cheese. My beverage would be Concho y Toro cabernet sauvignon/Merlot from Chile. A loaf of my bread w/ cheese wll supply a complete protien that can sustain life for one day. Red wine is now recognized as health suplement and of course the wine does make one “feel good”. :)[/QUOTE
B. Franklin said “Beer and wine are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy”]

I would choose breadcrumbed garlic mushrooms with lots and lots of garlic sauce and Chardonnay as my drink

I don’t think I’d ever get sick of baked stuffed lobster. Have had it 3 times in one week, and could have gone for more, but too expensive.

Would you not want to stay away from sea food. You are on an island and could have sea food anytime. Pizza is a good pick it has all of the food groups to live until someone found you

I would choose my own funghi and camembert risotto recipe, carmenere wine, tossed arougula, pear and parmegiano reggiano salad, and cheesecake with cherry sauce for dessert.

being from the south we southners if we were stranded on a desert island it would be some fried green tomatoes, cornbread, BIG mess of mustard greens (or a green of some kind)and a few slabs of bbq ribs(and some fish out of the ocean) and for desert pecan pie and sweet potato pie

Cantonese Style Sweet & Sour chicken with Green Peppers, pineapple, onion, carrot, water chestnuts, whole grain rice, cranberry juice, lemon meringue pie, & cold milk!! I think that represents many of the food groups!

Ah, yes! Anything with Sweet Potatoes!!

With those dishes maybe a desert island for a year wouldn’t be so bad :slight_smile: .

You guys are making me hungry.

Here’s what I would choose:

meat lover’s pizza
garden salad with thousand island dressing
fruit salad with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
dasani bottled water

Pot Roast with mashed potatoes,carrots & gravy with Strawberry Cheesecake

New England boiled dinner - all those veggies and meat. Yum!

Southern Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes with Country Gravy, Okra (I love it any way it’s prepared … boiled, fried, breaded, baked or raw), and Turtle Cheesecake for dessert.

Good ole Meatloaf with gravy, mashed potatoes, string beans and carrots. Now, that’s comfort food (and fatting, I would probably weight 300 lbs by the end of the year)!! That goodness I’m not a dessert person.

I would have my husband’s bar-b-que spare ribs with corn on the cob, that way I would not have to cook!!