i'm looking for quick and easy recipes

does anyone have any quick but tasty recipes that kids love to eat. i’m a single mom with not alot of time on my hands between working and raising my girls so any tips and hints will be greatly appreciated.

thanks darlene

https://www.recipesecrets.net/recipeBB/viewtopic.php?t=1017

go here also

http://www.pillsbury.com/solve/kid_friendly.aspx

Scour through the Chicken thread on the Ingredient of the Day forum…you may find several options that yourt child will enjoy and you may already have ehat you need.

B-man :smiley:

Cheese Quesadillas

Preparation time: 15 minutes

1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
2 green onions, sliced
2 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
8 soft flour tortillas (8-inch)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (or blend of Cheddar and Mozzarella)
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Combine salsa, green onions and parsley. Spoon onto one-half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold over. (Seal edges with tootpicks, if necessary.) Brush both sides with oil. Barbecue over medium coals or broil under preheated broiler for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts. Cut each tortilla in half for lunch size or into 4 triangles each for appetizers.

Variations:

• spread tortillas with one can (14-oz) of refried beans before adding salsa, and continue as directed.

• add sliced grilled chicken

Teriyaki Beef (or Chicken) Stir Fry on Rice

Yield: 6

1 lb. lean sirloin (1 to 1 ½ pounds)
1/2 cup honey garlic sauce
1 tsp ginger powder
1 x large zipper lock freezer bag

1 1/2 cups basmati or white rice
3 cups water
1 tsp sesame oil
4 cups frozen stir-fry mixed vegetables (4 to 5 cups)

The night before, sice beef into thin strips against the grain. Place in freezer bag. Pour honey-garlic sauce and ginger into bag. Seal bag, squish sauce all over to coat. Refrigerate overnight (or toss in freezer for later use).

Combine rice and water in large microwave-safe pot.

Cover and microwave at high for 10 minutes, then medium for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Heat oil in large, nonstick frying pan or work at high heat.

Add (defrosted) marinated beef into hot oil.

Toss beef until slightly browned then reduce heat to medium.

Rinse stir-fry veggies and add to pan and toss. Keep tossing until well coated and veggies are cooked through but still crisp.

Serve over rice.

Hi Darlene,

Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I used to do the following in order for my family to have good tasty meals with limited time during the week.

• Bake lasagna, roast chicken, etc., the night before. The next day, just heat and serve. Have hot chicken sandwiches and oven taters, if desired.

• Cabbage rolls: on your day off, make a bunch, cook them as you normally would, separate into meal portions, and freeze. In the morning before you leave for work, take that days meal portion out of the freezer and let defrost in refrigerator while your at work. When you get home, just reheat in microwave or oven while making a salad.

• Fried chicken and taters: Shake 'n Bake chicken drumsticks or wings and bake as directed. While chicken is baking, you can bake your taters along side them. Cut potatoes into cubes, drizzle with oil, pepper, seasoned salt, garlic powder, paprika, and toss. Bake on greased cookie sheet in the oven with the chicken. Serve with cooked frozen veggies or salad. Quick and not deep fried. And not a lot of dishes to wash! BONUS!

• Kids’ favorite spaghetti sauce: make huge pot of the sauce, freeze into meal portions. Take out in morning and let defrost in fridge while you’re at work. Just reheat on stove top while cooking spaghetti and making salad.

• I would use one of my days off to cook several dishes to freeze that would serve many meals. You can make and freeze many things. I would even freeze desserts like muffins, bars, cookies.

I hope these suggestions are helpful for you. Good luck!

My kids LOVE

Bangers and Mash

the bangers, being anything from hot dogs to bratwursts or kielbasa.
you boil up potatoe’s for mashed potatoes and boil the bangers in with the spuds. you remove the bangers, make the mashed potatoes “your favorite recipe” then chop the banger and mix it up with the mashed potatoe and serve. I like sauerkraut with mine.

Barbecue Cups
1 lb. ground beef,1/2 cup barbecue sauce, 1 {10 count} can biscuits, 1 small onion,chopped, 2 Tbs. brown sugar, 3/4 cup cheese
Brown ground bef. Add onion,barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Let simmer while preparing cups. Flatten biscuits to cover bottom and sides of muffin tins. Spoon meat mixture into cups. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Take out of oven. cover with cheese and return to oven until cheese melts. You can also use leftover spaghetti sauce, sloppy joes, or taco meat for the meat part of this recipe!

One of my favorite stand-by recipes does not have a recipe…

Wash and pat dry any amount of boneless chicken breasts. Salt and pepper them and put in oven safe casserole.

Pour any salsa you might have in the fridge over it, I usually have a few jars looking sorta sad, you can thin them with a little water if needed. You need enough to fill the bottom of the casserole and at least half way up the chicken. Chop an onion, sprinkle it on top, a can of chopped green chilis from the pantry on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 until chicken is done, don’t overcook. The salsa will thicken and make a sauce. Uncover, sprinkle with any cheese you might have, put back in the oven until it melts, then any tortilla chips you have on hand on top. If you are feeling creative you can sprinkle with chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, sour cream or sliced green onions. I serve this with rice, or just a salad and tortillas. Is a great make ahead dish, keeps well in the fridge, next day is great as a burrito. I have made this for years…hope you give it a try.