This recipe was given to my by a friend of mine. I love it and would eat it almost every other day if my family would let me! I don’t even really measure it out anymore when I cook it. I love recipes like that, you know, when you get to know them so well you can do them in your sleep!
Anyway here is the Indian Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken pieces of your choice
- 1 large onions diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 T garlic
- 1 T ginger
- 2 t coriander powder
- 1 t cumin powder
- 1T turmeric powder
- 2-3 chilies (I normally use jalepeno’s) - remove ribs and seeds if you don’t like it hot!! - for me, the hotter the better!!
- 2 t chili powder
- 4 t vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- cinnamon stick
*water as needed Up to 2 cups
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Add chili powder, cumin, turmeric. cook for just a couple of minutes
- Add chopped tomatoes and chilies, you may need to add a bit of water (1/4 cup) if it gets to thick or starts to burn. Cook for just a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken, garlic, ginger, and cinnamon stick
- Add water whatever is remaining of the 2 cups
Cook covered until chicken is done and sauce is thickened. (about 20-30 mins) This is great with some steamed Basmati Rice!