Indian Curry

This recipe was given to my by a friend of mine. I love it and would eat it almost every other day if my family would let me! I don’t even really measure it out anymore when I cook it. I love recipes like that, you know, when you get to know them so well you can do them in your sleep!

Anyway here is the Indian Curry Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 lbs chicken pieces of your choice
  • 1 large onions diced
  • 3 roma tomatoes diced
  • 1 T garlic
  • 1 T ginger
  • 2 t coriander powder
  • 1 t cumin powder
  • 1T turmeric powder
  • 2-3 chilies (I normally use jalepeno’s) - remove ribs and seeds if you don’t like it hot!! - for me, the hotter the better!!
  • 2 t chili powder
  • 4 t vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
  • cinnamon stick
    *water as needed Up to 2 cups

PREPARATION:

• Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Add chili powder, cumin, turmeric. cook for just a couple of minutes
  • Add chopped tomatoes and chilies, you may need to add a bit of water (1/4 cup) if it gets to thick or starts to burn. Cook for just a couple of minutes.
    *Add coriander
  • Add chicken, garlic, ginger, and cinnamon stick
  • Add water whatever is remaining of the 2 cups

Cook covered until chicken is done and sauce is thickened. (about 20-30 mins) This is great with some steamed Basmati Rice!

This sounds so good that I will have it to night for supper. I have been looking for a VERY different recipe for chicken or pork, something with some zip and zing to it, think I will use the habarinero hot peppers wow they are some kind of hot. Get out the ice cream or honey to put out the fire.

Think I will also have some fresh french green beans w/slivered toasted almonds in them. and a big mixed green salad with home made Ranch salad dressing.

Will let you know how we liked it.

Oh, I’m excited to hear how you like it. I just love it, like I said and can eat it all the time!

You can use bone in chicken or boneless/skinless - whatever you have or like.

I can’t wait to hear what you think!

It was yummy I to could eat it every day, I loved it my hubby said it was good but to hot for him so the next time I fix it do his without the hotness in it. Boy oh boy was it ever good I had some for lunch today.

I will be posting some recipes in the diabetic section and the rolls, pastries, bread section when I get around to it.

Thanks for the recipe you are doing a great job there SugarNSpice

OH, I’m glad you liked it!! It makes a good lunch too!! My hubby doesn’t like things too hot either, (although I’ve increased his heat tolerance since we’ve been married!!) so I have to tame it down when I cook it too. I have a couple of others I could post too, I think I might just do that!

I am really fond of chicken.It is nice to see that there is a recipe to make chicken curry as more spicy & delicious.I will definately try this dish today in dinner.Ingrediants that u added in this are “Lajawab”. :slight_smile: