Individual Meat Loaves

I’ve never made meatloaf because I always figured it would be too dry and I don’t like hamburgers. My daughter isn’t too crazy about red meat. After reviewing several meatloaf recipes online, I took a little info here and there and added my own thoughts, and came out with this recipe. It was delicious. My daughter and I loved it. If it wasn’t for the chili sauce, I don’t think I would have liked it. The carrot and amount of onions also helped to make this tender and not dry. My husband even said it was better than his mom’s meatloaf. Her’s was too dry. In one of the recipes that I seen, it said to blend the ingredients with a fork and not your hands. This step was very important for the texture of the meatloaf. So here it is, and I hope you like it too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Individual Meat Loaves

1-2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped (3/4 cup)
1 medium carrot, finely grated
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp thyme
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 lb medium ground beef
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp barbecue sauce
Heinz Chili Sauce

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add onions, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add oregano, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion mixture, grated carrot, garlic powder, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, and egg, and mix lightly with a fork. Don’t mash or the meatloaf will be dense. Divide mixture into 4 portions and shape each portion into a small loaf on a sheet pan.

Spread a generous amount of chili sauce on the top of each portion. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature is 155 to 160 degrees F and meat loaves are cooked through. Serve hot.