INDIVIDUAL TURTLE CAKES
Crunchy Pecan Cookie:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup plus 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
1/2 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise, seeds removed and set aside
3 large egg yolks
1 large egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, melted and warm
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
8 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Position oven rack in center of oven. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Arrange twelve 4-inch tart pans on baking sheet. Grease lightly.
- Place sugar and water in medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring; increase heat to high and cook until sugar caramelizes and turns a golden amber color. Remove from heat and immediately add remaining ingredients.
- Return to saucepan to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. While mixture is warm, drop about 1 tablespoon batter into each tart pan. Bake for about 15 minutes, until bubbling. Place on baking sheet on wire rack and cool completely; remove cookies from pans and set aside.
- Place corn syrup and sugar into heavy-bottomed saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Cook until mixture caramelizes and turns a golden amber color. While caramel is cooking, heat heavy cream in small saucepan over low heat until warm.
- When caramel reaches golden amber color, carefully add warm cream to caramel. Mixture will bubble up; stir carefully until all lumps are dissolved and sauce is smooth.
Remove pan from heat and whisk in water, butter, pecans and vanilla bean seeds. Pour mixture into clean bowl. Chill until mixture is cold.
Make Chocolate Mousse:
- Place 3 egg yolks and 1 whole egg in medium bowl and beat with electric mixer until blended. Meanwhile, place sugar and water in heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Insert candy thermometer and cook until mixture reaches 240Â°F., softball stage*.
- Carefully pour hot sugar into egg mixture in small amounts, continuously mixing during each addition. Using rubber spatula, gently fold in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped cream. Chill.
Place heavy cream and corn syrup in heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add chopped chocolate and let sit 1 minute to melt. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Using back of large spoon spread chocolate mousse evenly around inside of each ball mold. The mousse layer should be about 3/4-inch thick. Place prepared molds in freezer until set.
- Fill inside of each mold with generous scoop of cold caramel mixture. Cover with enough mouse to completely fill mold. Return to freezer until frozen, about 1 hour.
- Gently dip bottom of mold in hot water and invert each dome onto cookie. Place domes on wire rack on foil-lined baking sheet. Space each dome at least 1-inch apart.
- Using large ladle, cover each dome with cooled glaze. Allow the excess glaze to drip onto baking sheet. Place in refrigerator and allow glaze to set for at least 15 minutes.
- Soft-ball Stage: A test for sugar syrup describing the point at which a drop of boiling syrup immersed in cold water forms a soft ball that flattens of its own accord when removed. On a candy thermometer, the soft-ball stage is between 234Â° and 240Â°F.