Inexpensive Slow Cooker Roast

Inexpensive Slow Cooker Roast

Bachelor Roast

• 1 medium roast (any size, even the cheap, tough cuts)
  • 1 can coca-cola
  • 1 16 oz. bottle of ketchup (generic, or whatever is on sale)

Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook it for several hours until the meat falls apart and your house smells great! The coke will break down the tough fibers in the meat, so even the toughest comes out tender and tasty. This recipe is good enough to serve to the best company, and leftovers (if you have any) make good BBQ sandwiches.

this is fantastic…every friday we have pot luck at work and they beg me to bring this…thanks

No tough cut of meat will cook in "a few hours’ in a crockpot on low, whatever a few hours are meant to be?

2 lbs of Round steak will take at least 5 hours

3-4 lbs of beef roast to pull apart for sandwiches like italian beef, will take 8 hours

3 lbs of chuck roast will take 4 hours on High, 8 hours on Low.

5-6 lbs of blade cut roast, 10 to 12 hours

The size of your crock pot will determine how big a roast you can cook, and how tender a cut, will determine how long. The best tasting pot roast might be a blade roast…pick the one with longest bone-blade…

Look for the word Blade… in the cut, then compare the ones in the case, take the longest bone, it will be more tender & will make a good gravy

The recipe calls for several hours - when I made any cut that is tough - I cook it 8 to 10 hours and it falls off the bone and is very tender. I’ve never had one not turn out like that.

KW