Introduction

Hi from Oregon! I just joined and stopped in to say hi to everyone.

hi i am kevinchaapel

Hi I am a new member. I am a school cook in New York State.

I am new to this. How do I submit a recipe?

I just joined RecipeSecrets.net. Just ordered Ron’s Vol 1 and Vol II Secret Recipes Books - can’t wait until they arrive! I’m from Montgomery/Conroe, Texas. I’m going to love this site! Alicia Welsh

With the holidays coming up, this is a great appetizer. I made up the recipe several yrs ago and every time I make it, it is the 1st thing to disappear!

Blue Cheese - Artichoke Cheesecake

1/2 cup Butter – melted
2 1/2 cups crushed cracker crumbs ( I use whatever is on hand…saltines, wheat, or any combination)
15 oz can or jar of marinated Artichoke Hearts – drained (reserve liquid)
24 ounces Cream cheese – Softened
1 pkg Blue Cheese Crumbled (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano – crushed
1 teaspoon chopped Garlic
1/2 cup onions – chopped
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
Crust:
For crust: Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter; press mixture onto bottom and sides of a buttered 10-inch springform pan (2 inches deep). Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Filling: Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the marinade. Chop artichokes; set aside. Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl till smooth. Add blue cheese, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic. Beat well. Add eggs; beat just till blended. Do not overbeat. Stir in artichoke hearts, reserved marinade, and onion. Pour into crust. Bake in a 325F degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or till center is soft set and sides stay firm when gently shaken. Cool. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.

Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature. To serve, remove from pan; cut into small wedges and serve with crusty bread or crackers…