Iso : Easy Dinner Recipes

Hi,

This coming Friday I told my girlfriend that I’m making dinner for her and I’m not sure what I should make her. Since we’re both Asians, we have Asian meals every other night so I’m not looking for anything Asian. And last weekend, I made her spaghetti with meat sauce and I came out very good. I thought I would give this forum a try and ask if you guys/gals will know any good simple and easy recipes that I can use or try ? or any dinner suggestions? I was thinking about something American or Italian or somewhere around that border.

Thanks!!

Why not try a simple Puttanesca sauce with tortellinis and garlic bread and a salad? Fresh and delicious and ultra easy. Or maybe something with shrimp, like a buttery shrimp over fettuccine with crusty bread and salad? Shrimp almost always goes over big with us girls. :slight_smile:

Try this:

Shrimp Fettuccini with Artichokes in Chardonnay Sauce:

16 ounces fettuccine
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 small onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (14 oz) can artichokes, chopped
1/2 C. Chardonnay
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 C. chicken broth
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
fresh grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta in boiling water according to directions.

Combine wine, broth, and lemon in a small bowl. While pasta is cooking, saute onion and garlic in half the oil for about 5 minutes. Add to your wine-mixture bowl and set aside.

Add shrimp and remaining oil to pan and cook over med-high for about 2 minutes. Stir in artichokes, onion & garlic mixture and heat to boiling.

Simmer together about 5 minutes over a low-medium flame.

Toss with pasta, parsley, salt and pepper. Top with grated parmesan. Serve immediately.