2 cups Whipping Cream

1 cup Sour Cream

1 Tsp. Chicken base

2 Tbs. Clarified Butter

1 Tsp. Flour

1 Jalapeno, minced fine

1 Tbs. Juice from bottled Jalapenos

2 oz. Shredded cheese-equal parts Jack & Cheddar

Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. When cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer. While cream is heating: Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold. Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated. Remove from heat, stir in minced jalapeno and the cheese mixture. Mix well. Makes about 3 1/2 cups. Best served warm!

Hi! :slight_smile:

Good day to you
How are you?

I am new to this forum.
This is my 1st message on a forum.
I hope it arrives.

Would you like to try out my dip?
You may receive my FREE dip recipe by sending an email to amoeba@sendfree.com
Please feel free to share with your buddies.

Thanks for listening to me.

Sincerely,

Norman Cristina (Malta)

Wow, KW, this sounds great and right up my alley. What do you pour it on? I’m thinking of making chicken enchiladas, pouring the sauce on and baking for 20" at 350. I’ll pull out my chicken/cheese enchilada recipe and try this. If it’s good, I’ll post, but give me your thoughts of other options.

Thanks,

Paula - You can use this as you would any recipe for white sauce - it’s good on meats, the “wrap” family (enchiladas, tacos, etc.), veggies - whatever you want to use it for. Let me know how you like!
KW

I wonder if you could use this as a nacho dip kind of thing?

CF