1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Nutmeg
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
¾ C Onion, chopped
6 Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless

Combine first 12 ingredients in a blender; process until well blended. Pour mixture into a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add onion and chicken. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.

Prepare grill.

Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill chicken, covered, 5 minutes on each side or until done. Garnish with parsley and lime slices, if desired.

Makes 6 Servings.

Calories-169; Fat-5.4g; Protein-26.1g; Carb-2.6g; Fibre-0.8g; Chol-84mg; Iron-1.3mg; Sodium-287mg; Calcium-25mg.

Actually, jerk marinades are made with habanero or schot bonnet peppers. They have a much different flavor and are 100 times as hot.
Also, as a shortcut, Walkerswood makes a good jerk marianade.

Thanx for your input jimpittman…

This is a recipe that I had tried and thought I’d share with those who might appreciate it. The name did not come from me…but, I thought its flavor was GREAT…whether it be authentic or not!!!

If you feel that this offends your knowledge of what “True Jerk Chicken” is made of and tastes like, maybe you would like to post your own recipe!

walkerswood is excellent…just used bought another jar yesterday and had grilled jerk chicken tonight…really HOT!

Glad that you are both enjoying the recipe idea!!! :wink:

I tried this and it came out great - my kids loved it. Thanks.

Lorye

I have never tryed this recipe before, but i ate jerk chicken in jamica and it was great. I can not wait to try it myself.

Sounds delicious. I’m going to try this one. I don’t care what anyone says, I don’t cook with Habaneros or Chili Pickene or the other peppers mentioned. They are just too D— Hot! I like the flavor of Jalepenos and I plant TAM Mild in my garden. They aren’t as hot. Isn’t jerked chicken a Jamaican dish? They like to use unusual spice combinations. Good going Faerie and keep it up.
Pat

So glad to hear that you’re interested in the recipe I posted…I don’t think I mentioned the rice dish I also posted to go along with the chicken??? :?

It’s called,

ISLAND RICE

2 ½ C Water
1 C Long-grain Rice, uncooked
½ C Dried Pineapple, chopped
2 tsp Butter
½ tsp Lime Rind, grated
¼ tsp Salt
¼ C Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp Green Onions, chopped
2 ½ Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice

Bring 2 ½ C of water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice and next 4 ingredients (rice through salt). Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro, onions, and juice.

Makes 6 Servings. Serving size = ½ C.

Calories-171; Fat-1.8g; Protein-2.7g; Carb-35.4g; Fibre-0.5g; Chol-3mg; Iron-1.6mg; Sodium-117mg; Calcium-26mg.

My family REALLY enjoyed it…although it may be picky for some! :wink:

And…By the Way…Thank You Recipe Friends!!! :smiley:

The Island rice sound really good, I may want to try that.
On the Jerk Chicken it seems like it would be too hot for my family. Is there a less spicer pepper or a sub. for jalapeno peppers?

Thank You. :lol:

So happy to hear that the Island Rice sounds good to you!
I also want to mention a little something I do most of the time when I make rice…Add some Chicken Boullion to the water at the beginning!

Gives a bit more depth to the flavor at the end! :wink:

About the pepper in the Jerk Chicken,…I think if you and/or your family don’t like hot food, leave out the pepper all together. It does make it more authentic to use peppers…But, I really don’t think it will affect the flavor and texture at all!!! :smiley:
Peppers are just…THE HOT SPICE!

Hope it works out for you!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone know if this Walkerswood is sold in Canada (Brampton, Ontario)
Thanks, Diane
(Unstrung)