Junk food craving

How do i make Mcdonalds scram. eggs? Please help!

Mcdonald’s Egg Mcmuffin

I realise this is not a Mc-scrambled egg recipe, but thought it might interest you. I’ll keep looking for the Mc-scrambled.

Ingredients:

1 english muffin
1 egg
1 slice canadian bacon
1 slice american cheese

1. Split the English muffin and brown each face in a hot pan. Set aside. Keep the pan on medium heat.

2. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the Canadian bacon for 10 minutes.

3. Grease the inside of the can with shortening or coat with a nonstick spray.

4. Place the greased can in the hot pan over medium heat and crack the egg into the center.

5. Bread the yolk.

6. When the surface of the egg begins to firm, cut around the inside of the can with a butter knife to free the edges.

7. Pull the can off the egg; turn the egg over and cook for 1 minute more.

8. Build the sandwich in the following stacking order from the bottom up: bottom English muffin American cheese egg Canadian bacon top English muffin

9. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds on high for uniform heating if desired. **Makes one sandwich. You will need an empty clean can with the same diameter as an English muffin. (A 6-1/2oz tuna can works best. )

B-man :smiley:

Seen this on the Food Network. A restaurant in the U.S. was famous for its egg omelet. (I know it’s not scrambled eggs as requested but this is just another option.)

He mixed 4 to 6 eggs in a milkshake blender for 3 minutes. In an ovenproof pan, melt butter and pour egg mixture into the hot pan. It fluffs right up! Sprinkle cheese or whatever you want on it. After about 1 minute, put pan in oven to finish cooking. Not sure about the oven temperature.

I tried this awhile ago. When I poured the egg mixture into the hot buttered pan, POOF ! The egg really fluffed up. However, I didn’t put it in the oven, I flipped it over in the pan and it deflated :frowning: LOL but it was still good.

Thanks a lot for the recipe. I think I will try this and freeze it and see how it turns out. Buying the frozen ones are so expensive and we have our own eggs so it should be easy to try.

Margie

Hi Margie2…

WELCOME to RecipeSecrets. Hope you enjoy your time here. The members are a great bunch of folks…and you won’t ever have to wonder about asking for help. Everyone is great to offer assistance when needed. So jump right in…and now that you’ve got a couple of posts behind you…your a veteran :lol:

Glad to hear you liked the looks of the recipe. Let us know how it turned out! I’m still hunting for the McScrambled egg recipe clone. Not having much luck.

Regards,

B-man :wink:

Do the recipes have to be a recipe I made up? Could I use a favorite one, say from Betty Crocker, if I give Betty Crocker the credit in the forum? Thanks; one day I’ll spend some time and go through my favorite recipes.

Margie

Hi again Margie2…

No, the recipes don’t have to be one’s that you made up. There are tons of clone and “borrowed” recipes here on the site. Recipes from BETTY would be well received I’m sure. You can give credit to BETTY if you like or if you feel more comfortable doing so. I don’t believe there is a hard and fast rule on this very topic, for this site. Some members will say you should give credit in the course of the recipe, some members would likely say you don’t need to. If the recipies come from the public domain ( internet at large ) and are not marked copyright, or are not marked that reproduction in whole or in part, must first have prior approval from the author … then I can’t foresee a huge issue … your not making any money from the reposting of recipes, and I doubt anyone else would be either. We post here for the simple pleasure of sharing and enjoying the final recipe product. But that’s just my two cents worth. I have no formal training in copyright or internet law, and so I won’t entertain giving you an “armchair, quarter-backed” piece of legal advice. Again, you will see views on both sides of the fence. If your unsure, then give credit to the source. If sometime it’s forgotten…I don’t see a big deal.

But, back to the matter at-hand…we all WANT to see your GREAT Recipes and test drive them! Once again, Regards,

B-man :wink:

Hi Margi!

Welcome! In answer to your question, I post recipes no matter where I got them in the first place. :lol: Some I get from books, family members, and the internet. Like b-man said, I’m not making money from them; I’m just sharing them. To me there’s no harm in it because it would just be like I’m calling you on the telephone to give you the recipe! LOL Can’t wait to see your recipes. :smiley:

Thanks for sharing how you feel, too. This sounds like a wonderful group to belong to; I just hadn’t posted anything before and it was nice that others are sharing their recipes, too. I look forward to seeing yours, too!

Margie