1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
12 oz. tomato paste
2 1/2 cups water
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoons salt
8 oz. lasagna noodles
6 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute the beef and vegetables in a skillet sprayed with veg. oil
- Add the tomato paste, water and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Spray a 5 qt. slow cooker with veg. oil.
- Layer the ingredients as follows: sauce, (go easy on the sauce until you reach the last layer); then noodles (break them up to fill in where necessary, you won’t notice it when cooked); mozzarella cheese; sauce; noodles; ricotta cheese; sauce; noodles; sauce (using whatever sauce if left - you should have enough to cover this layer); grated Parm. cheese.
- Set the cooker on low and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the cover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.