Lemon Cooler Cream Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 cup hot water
1 cup cold water
2 (3 ounce) packages lemon flavored gelatin mix
1 cup milk
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Prepare cake and bake according to package directions in a 9x13 inch baking dish. With a fork, poke holes all over top of cake.
Combine 1 cup hot water and 1 cup cold water with one package of lemon gelatin. Stir until gelatin is dissolved, and pour mixture over cake. Chill in refrigerator until cool.
In large bowl stir together milk, vanilla pudding mix and remaining package of lemon gelatin until powders are dissolved. Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture over cake. Refrigerate until serving.

My sister told me that she makes this cake at the nursing home where she works. She says it’s soooooo delicious. Everybody loves it! Thanks for this recipe. :smiley: I love lemon! anyway…anyhow! LOL

We love lemon here also, and coconut too. but like to make something on the lighter side for those hot summer days too. Hope you love it like we do . :lol:

Made this cake and loved it I tried using cherry jello which is my daughters favorite and she loved it better. I inturn loved the lemon it truly is refreshing and light especially when you use the cake mix with the pudding in it.

Thanks Rose

Hi ROSE,
I am so glad you enjoyed as much as we do. Sky

I hope i did it right! I am making it right now. .is the topping supposed to be fluffy? Amy