LIMAS AND SPINACH
Your family will love to eat more vegetables cooked this way.
2 cups frozen lima beans
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup fennel, cut in strips (4 oz)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
4 cups leaf spinach, washed thoroughly
1 Tbsp distilled vinegar
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp raw chives
- Steam or boil lima beans in unsalted water approximately 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, saut? onions and fennel in oil.
- Add the beans and stock to the onions, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and pepper. Cover and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Makes 7 servings–Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84 mg